Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you keep homework?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
  • 44 Replies

My son is in first grade.  He and everyone in kindergarten though second grade has a blue folder for a behavior report(parents inital each day), reading log(parents inital each day), notes from the teacher, where we need to put things for the teacher and if he has worksheet for homework.  

He(as does everyone in the school) has a backpack for school(a backpack is on the supply list for all grades).  We have him keep his folder in his backpack.  When all is done he puts it in the backpack so he knows where it is and come morning, we are not searching for it.

I was working in the classroom today.  I was changing the homework sheet, book and checking that the behaviour chart and reading log were initialed.  I was amazed at the number of kids that either forgot their folder or were missing some of what goes in it.

What do you have your student do with his/her homework?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Their folders/binders and homework stay in their backpacks. They take out what they need to work on and/or have me sign, and everything goes back in when done.

Instructions/pages for longer-term assignments (dd gets a homework packet on Mondays that is due Fri) have a certain corner on the coffee table in the family room that I put them on.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM

After my 4th grader does his homework it's his responsibility to put it in his planner and to put the planner in his backpack.  With my 1st grader, he only has to turn in his homework notebook on Friday morning so I help to remind him to put it in his backpack after he is done with his homework on Thursday.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:08 PM

My boys keep their homework in the binder for that particular class and all of their binders are in their backpack.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM
We have a drawer for each boy (though right now i put everything in one as the younger does not really get much. He does not have the same subjects every day..... So he can not keep all hid homework in his bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

As soon as it is done, it goes RIGHT BACK to their backpack. 

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM

My son is in second grade. He has an agenda where he writes down what he has for homework, which is written on the board each day. The teacher goes over it with them and gives them time to write it down and helps those who need it. If he has worksheets, he keeps them in a folder in his backpack, though his teacher doesn't designate a place for them, they just have to be completed and handed in. His worksheet folder, textbooks, and notebooks all stay in his backpack which he puts next to his desk in his room when he has not finished yet or in the front hall closet when he has finished it. That way nothing gets lost. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM

When the boys were in public school, we had a plastic three drawer unit that sat on the kitchen counter. The boys would come home and put anything that needed to be signed in their drawer and once signed, I would put it in their backpack.

Now, each of the kids has a folder with pockets for days of the week. On the weekend (usually cramming Sunday night), I put all of their assignments for the upcoming week in the folder with an assignment sheet in the front pocket. If they have an asignment on paper, they add it to the folder as they complete it so that i can check it daily and grade papers without getting too far behind.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Same here.

Quoting M4LG5:

As soon as it is done, it goes RIGHT BACK to their backpack. 

Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Ds is in K and his school is set up the same way. We do his work, stick it right back in the folder, and have his bag packed and at the door before we go to bed. I am too forgetful to spread stuff out and his teacher is very organized so I try to keep stuff as neat as possible. 

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys keep their homework in the binder for that particular class and all of their binders are in their backpack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)