Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel crazy

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
And I just realized why.
I have 2 in school this year, for the first time. I made sure to sign up to help both their class in some way with the fall festival the school throws.
I just realized my daughter's 1st grade teacher has made her diorama due the same week as this big festival, which by the way, is a 3 day school week. Normally that's good, but with 3 kids at home for 4 days, I really really hope we can get the diorama done:/ I'm hopeful!

Why do they cram stuff like this in so close together? Makes me wonder what the rest of the year is going to be like.
It will all be fine, stuff will get bought, made, and donated & we'll make it through, I just wish it wasn't all crammed together:/
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Hehehe..I hate to tell you this but, it gets worse.  I have two in high school and one in second grade and in the past two weeks we have been home for the evening once (not counting the weekend). ODD17 has three different projects going for three different teachers and a paper she is working on.  Plus work she is doing for two different school orginizations.  YDD15 has two projects going currently plus theatre rehearsels.  DS8 is in flag football and they made the playoffs so we have games each of the next three Saturdays plus two to three 2 hr. practices each week.   All that being said we love our crazy life. It's better than sitting home zoned out in front of the TV.  Only reason we are home this evening is because DS's football practice got cancelled because of rain.  But, back to the craziness tomorrow! lol

mommy053008
by Maria on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

yea it is just going to get worse from here 

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Wow so this is just the warm up, then huh??

It just seems like they cram everything into the beginning of the school year and then we twiddle our thumbs a bit til June.....i say that now anyways hahaha

I can only imagine what it must be like with fall sports involved!!
I like being busy, I think I just need to get organized.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Hehehe..I hate to tell you this but, it gets worse.  I have two in high school and one in second grade and in the past two weeks we have been home for the evening once (not counting the weekend). ODD17 has three different projects going for three different teachers and a paper she is working on.  Plus work she is doing for two different school orginizations.  YDD15 has two projects going currently plus theatre rehearsels.  DS8 is in flag football and they made the playoffs so we have games each of the next three Saturdays plus two to three 2 hr. practices each week.   All that being said we love our crazy life. It's better than sitting home zoned out in front of the TV.  Only reason we are home this evening is because DS's football practice got cancelled because of rain.  But, back to the craziness tomorrow! lol

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM

My saving grace is a big dry erase board I have in the kitchen.  I keep track of everyone's activities for the week.  Who has to be where and at what time. Luckily my husband gets off work by 2:30 each afternoon so we are able to tag team everything.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Wow so this is just the warm up, then huh?? It just seems like they cram everything into the beginning of the school year and then we twiddle our thumbs a bit til June.....i say that now anyways hahaha I can only imagine what it must be like with fall sports involved!! I like being busy, I think I just need to get organized.
Quoting Txlisa7969:

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Start finding a routine now, but be flexible w/ it- it gets crazier as they get older : )

I have 3 kids in 3 different schools; ds1 is in h.s, ds2 in middle, and dd in elem. They are all in Scouts (although that will get a little less hectic once ds2 crosses over from Cub Scouts into ds1's Boy Scout troop). They all are involved in music (the boys are in orchestra, dd is in choir). It's not too bad w/ ds1 b/c he only has extra rehearsals near concert time. Ds2 does not have extra rehearsals, but is in an after school orchestra club. Dd's choir meets after school once a week. Throw in 1 after school club for ds1 and once-a-week religion class for ds2 and dd, plus homework. . .

I love my Mom calendar in the kitchen. Everyone has their own column (well, dh and I share one), and I use a different color pen for each person. That makes it a little easier to keep it all straight. As my calendar says, it tells me "Who does what and goes where when, but not why" : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)