Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex called CPS on me

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:28 AM
  • 36 Replies

My son didn't take our divorce very well, he automatically started making up stories and lieing to myself and his dad about each other, and things he supposively did at our houses.  He caused so much trouble and made an ugly divorce even uglier.  He was 4 when I left, he's now 9 and it still  hasn't stopped. He tells his dad that he does really crazy dangerous things here at home, to try to impress him and to get his attention.  As my son got older I started to warn him that his dad is going to use his fabricated stories against me and try to have him taken away from me so he really needs to stop.  Well, it happened. He told his dad that he plays under a freeway bypass and that he plays with gun powder with his older brother. WTH?  So, I get a business card from a CPS worker concerned because she got a call that I dont supervise my son and mentioned the freeway thing. Funny thing is, she never showed up to our appointment and hasn't called me since. She was supposed to come yesterday. I never in my life thought I'd get CPS called on me! I am myself a mandated reporter and have worked with social workers due to my career as a teacher, and Foster Parent.  The man is a jerk but I didn't expect him to stoop this low!

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry about your son's lies, and your ex calling CPS on you. What a ridiculous story! I hope the investigation is quick you and can put this behind you.
susannah2000
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Why have you let your kid get away with telling lies for five years? Just now you tell him to stop? Why are you blaming your ex instead of your lying little cretin?

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
What sort of discipline have you used over the years when he's told these lies?

And what sort of counseling have you had him in?
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Maybe the dad jumped the gun, but this would be a great time to do family and individual counseling. His lying is obviously a problem, so you should know these are signs that he needs to talk to someone. Now would be a good time before he starts telling other people fibs. Good luck.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Why has he been allowed to do this for 5 years?

I don't know I'd be tempted to be drastic in this case... he's 9 so he's WAY old enough to know better. Tell him he can't come to your house anymore because of his lies people now think he isn't safe there. I'm not saying never have him back at your house again, but do it long enough so he gets that his lies have consequences all around. If I lie and say my mom puts me in danger, I don't get to see her. Yes it'll suck for you, but not nearly as much as worrying if you're going to have CPS called on you.

Also you need to blame your KID, not your ex. Look at it from his point of view, if your son came to you and said his dad smokes funny white powder out of a glass pipe and lets him watch naked people movies at his house, you'd be calling CPS and probably beating the shit out of your ex. He didn't stoop low, he's protecting his kid. Your KID is the low life here.

lovemymini
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I'm not sure why you are so mad at your ex. Your son is the one lying.

Sounds like your son would benefit from therapy.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I agree that you're blaming the wrong person. I also agree that 5 years of telling lies like this with no intervention is an issue. Honestly, your ex would be a jerk if his son told him these things and he didn't do something about it. 

Maybe this is a good thing. It might be the push you need to get your son some help. 

emilysmom8
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM

He's a jerk because he called on you when your son told him he does dangerous things at your house? I think its great that he called, he is looking out for your sons best intrest.. I think instead of being mad at your ex that he called you need to teach your son (who is old enough to know right from wrong) a lesson about lying!

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM
i would make son say wth dad a wile.. no lying in my home .bw he needs help.
7graylys
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM
I never said there was no intervention. He is in therapy since he was 5, I've tried every form of disciplinary you can think of. My son isn't your "typical" child, he is adopted and has extreme ADHD, drug and alcohol baby, and has anger management problems thanks to his bio's. As for the ex. If called cps every time my son told me a story about him he'd be in pretty big trouble, we've been on the same page all these years knowing he lies. He is using this to have something against me so he can take me to court to get full custody since he's married now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)