Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What my 6 year old said last night! Lol!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
  • 40 Replies

Keep in mind that he has teenaged brothers! Last night at dinner he said, "My name is Jack and I love to smoke weed and I love to smoke cigarettes and I love Barack Obama and I love George Washington." WTH?? He cracked me up.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovedbymom
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM

lol!  The things they come up with when they are at that age and especially when they have older siblings :))

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM

they are little parrots at that age. Mine was listening to some song going I am a sexy boy. Oy

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't laugh if my six year old said that.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my! I'd be struggling to not laugh while laying into his teenage brothers for the weed talk.

I know it's hard to keep all conversations age-appropriate when dealing w/ that age range- my boys are 15 and 10, and dd is 8. Dd laughs at some jokes her brothers make that I don't think other 8 y/o girls w/o older brothers would understand, much to their father's chagrin : )

momwriter
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I tried not to but he said it in a very humorous way as if he was rapping. Unfortunately, he has the influence of 2 teenaged brothers!

Quoting diaperstodating: I wouldn't laugh if my six year old said that.

momwriter
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I was trying not to but he said it in such a humorous way, as if he was rapping. I do reprimend my older boys for their language, etc all the time!

Quoting wakymom:

Oh my! I'd be struggling to not laugh while laying into his teenage brothers for the weed talk.

I know it's hard to keep all conversations age-appropriate when dealing w/ that age range- my boys are 15 and 10, and dd is 8. Dd laughs at some jokes her brothers make that I don't think other 8 y/o girls w/o older brothers would understand, much to their father's chagrin : )

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not be laughing at that, he would be getting a big talking to, and his teenaged brothers would be in big trouble if that's who he got it from. 

momwriter
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have teenaged boys in the house? Mine are Honor students, play soccer at the academy level (top teams in the country) and one just got into an excellent college. They don't do drugs; in fact my oldest chose not to go to a party this weekend because there would be alcohol. They DO joke around like normal teenagers and their little brother sometimes overhears them. We do tell the older boys to watch what they say but they're great kids who joke around sometimes. You need to be less judgmental.

Quoting lenashark:

I would not be laughing at that, he would be getting a big talking to, and his teenaged brothers would be in big trouble if that's who he got it from. 

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a teenage girl in the house and teenage male cousins who are over here basically daily. They know to watch their mouths in front of the little kids, having good grades and being good at a sport don't excuse them from that, and if my seven year old son started talking about smoking pot and cigarettes, they would all be getting a earful. I do not need to be okay with my kids talking that way just because you are. I am not judgmental for not parenting my kids like you do. Don't want comments from people who do things differently, don't post. Yeah, I do think that it's weird and wrong to think its funny when a six year old talks about loving to do drugs, get over it. 

Quoting momwriter:

Do you have teenaged boys in the house? Mine are Honor students, play soccer at the academy level (top teams in the country) and one just got into an excellent college. They don't do drugs; in fact my oldest chose not to go to a party this weekend because there would be alcohol. They DO joke around like normal teenagers and their little brother sometimes overhears them. We do tell the older boys to watch what they say but they're great kids who joke around sometimes. You need to be less judgmental.

Quoting lenashark:

momwriter
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

He doesn't even know what he's saying/what it means. We did tell him he can't repeat it again. I guess I'm not as strict as you but my kids have turned out great.

Quoting lenashark:

I have a teenage girl in the house and teenage male cousins who are over here basically daily. They know to watch their mouths in front of the little kids, having good grades and being good at a sport don't excuse them from that, and if my seven year old son started talking about smoking pot and cigarettes, they would all be getting a earful. I do not need to be okay with my kids talking that way just because you are. I am not judgmental for not parenting my kids like you do. Don't want comments from people who do things differently, don't post. Yeah, I do think that it's weird and wrong to think its funny when a six year old talks about loving to do drugs, get over it. 

Quoting momwriter:

Quoting lenashark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)