Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be mad?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
Dd is in k. She rides the bus. If possible, i leave work to meet her at the bus stop. The bus usually comes at about 2:45pm. By 3, me and the other mom were worried, so we called the school to see if it was just running late. Another elementary bus dropped some kids off. I was afraid it didnt see us waiting and had them.

The school said the bus wasnt running today. Two other buses would come back and get the kids from dds bus. I asked if we could just pick them up. We were told yes and i gave their names.

5 minutes later, at the school....
No one knows of me calling or pulled the kids. The bus is out there. A woman goes out and when she comes back, she says its gone. Others are nonchalantly talking about a "missing child."

As im pulling out to rush home to meet the bus, i see a bus parked. That was the bus that dropped the kids off. I feel like the whole thing was sloppy and poorly handled.

I did get an apology over the phone, but it didnt make me feel secure in trusting them with my child's wellbeing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Unfortunately things like this happen. People are human and make mistakes sometimes. Would I have wished it was handled better? By all means. I'd ask whether or not information was sent out ahead of time. Maybe a note went out and somehow your child's didn't make it home. Be sure to get ALL the facts before running off half cocked. If they didn't notify parents ahead of time, I'd politely ask why and let them know that next time you expect to be notified ahead of time.
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I was fuming but I waited until dd was home safe so I was calm before voicing my concerns. I called them and explained the different times it was handled wrong
. I asked if it were possible if, at the minimum, kinder parents were notified because we have to wait. She said they "meant" to send an automated message. I understand human error, I am a retail manager. I really try to understand and support the school. It is that there weee three instances where it could've been handled better that bothers me. I didnt go in yelling and screaming. I actually left quickly so I wouldnt speak without thinking lol.

Quoting Andrewsmom70: Unfortunately things like this happen. People are human and make mistakes sometimes. Would I have wished it was handled better? By all means. I'd ask whether or not information was sent out ahead of time. Maybe a note went out and somehow your child's didn't make it home. Be sure to get ALL the facts before running off half cocked. If they didn't notify parents ahead of time, I'd politely ask why and let them know that next time you expect to be notified ahead of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:20 AM

The wrath that I would bring down upon them!

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Fwiw, I never rode a bus, even catholic school. I was driven there. My kiddos live a block from our elementary, 2 blocks from jr jh. Lol the new hs is set to be across the street from the jh. Again, 1/2 mile from our home.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for waiting until you had calmed down before calling them.

I would not be happy about it, but I do understand that mix-ups happen.

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
While I get people make mistakes I also get panic in not knowing where my kid was. Kudos for you for knowing enough to calm down before you said anything. While mistakes are human we can also learn from them so I think now that you are calm and rationale is a good time to voice concerns over what happened and work with school over how this can be avoided in future.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)