Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Polar Express Day

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM
  • 30 Replies

My dd's teacher sent home a letter about the kids watching Polar Express next Thursday. In the letter he had in bold PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IN THEIR SLIPPERS. The kids are allowed to bring slippers to wear while watching the movies. We are allowed to send treats but not cupcakes because he said they are messy and hard to send home with the kiddos.

When I read things like this I can't help but think to myself he put that in bold because in the past some idiot parent sent their kid to school in slippers in December! Am I  wrong for thinking that? Also I pictured some poor mom opening her kid's backpack and finding all the papers and inside covered in holiday frosting and sprinkles! LOL

With that said I need to think about what type of treat to send. I was thinking popcorn inside Christmas baggies.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Yes, I'm sure that some moron actually did send their child to school wearing their slippers.  And I agree that cupcakes are a major PITA to send home, even if the teacher has bags to put them in, and they are very messy.  Our school doesn't ever permit cupcakes or pajamas and slippers for that matter.

Sydel
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM

It's funny but it's not. Like he mentioned don't send your kid in slippers multiple times in this letter. Only bold once but still. Really. It kind of makes me mad though to think of some litlte 7 year old walking in the wet snow in slippers and than having wet cold feet at school. I hate wet socks.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yes, I'm sure that some moron actually did send their child to school wearing their slippers.  And I agree that cupcakes are a major PITA to send home, even if the teacher has bags to put them in, and they are very messy.  Our school doesn't ever permit cupcakes or pajamas and slippers for that matter.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
That sounds like a great treat to send in.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM
I used to work for an elementary school that had Polar Express Day every year for the kindergartener's (I keep in touch with some old co-workers, they still do). They get to wear pajamas, watch the movie, eat snacks... just like your daughter. She will have a lot of fun!
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Whenever there is a pajama day at school, there is a reminder to have our child wear regular shoes to school and they can change into slippers while in the classroom.

I can see the no-cupcakes thing. Kids get the crumbs everywhere, icing gets on oddball things, and they would get squished in a backpack.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Yup, all it takes is one fool to ruin it for the rest.  As for snacks, popcorn in baggies are good.  Also, trail mix or Chex mix is good, but be mindful of kids with nut allergens if you're going to add nuts into the mix.  Another snack would be the little Goldfish or Cheezits. 

Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Mobile Photo

I saw this on Pinterest. They are so cute! I'm thinking of sending them in for dd to give to her friends.
flowerfunleah
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM

You could do this!

Snowman popcorn cups - use Rice Krispie bar mixture if kids are to little for popcorn.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

snowman cheese sticks - i put a couple of these in Andrew's stocking!

flowerfunleah
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Can't go wrong with juice!

6 Fun Christmas Food Ideas for Kids School Parties! | Food For Thought

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)