Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annie

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 67 Replies
2 moms liked this
I love the new Annie! It has a very positive message and is a movie I strongly recommend everyone go and see!
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Cameron's mommy on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I would love to see it, but neither of my boys want to. So I guess I will wait for the dvd.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I'm on the fence...the adoption community is not thrilled with it. I will probably screen it before letting my 9 year old watch it due to the abandonment issue in it since she lived through that herself.  From what I understand, they changed the original story quite a bit and the adoption theme is not like in the original and can be pretty rough for adoptees or kids that were in foster care. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mommy053008
by Maria on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM
It was super cute, but I agree with pp I can understand where it might get rough for children who have personally loved through it.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Thanks for sharing!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM

My boys aren't interested in seeing it and neither am I.  I haven't heard any good reviews on it at all.

waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this
I have no interest in seeing it. I really hate remakes especially when they feel they need to change the color of the actors skin. What are they going to do next, make the VonTrapp family black?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I too have heard no good reviews.

Most remakes are just not up to standard and this one is wore than most.

I agree too that people think they need to  changethe color ofthe skin to make a point is rediculous. The reverse discrimination people are allowed to get away with is insane.  If a white director took an all black move and changed it to a white cast, therewould e hell to pay!

This really has me riled up with the "black lives matter" protess. ALL LIVES MATTER!  Focusing only on the black drives the wedge in further and makes the divide WORSE. Why don't people get that??

*steps off high horse*

aetrom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Why is the adoption community up in arms?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I'm on the fence...the adoption community is not thrilled with it. I will probably screen it before letting my 9 year old watch it due to the abandonment issue in it since she lived through that herself.  From what I understand, they changed the original story quite a bit and the adoption theme is not like in the original and can be pretty rough for adoptees or kids that were in foster care. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I enjoyed it. Yes the story changed but there are parts that must change as there are no more orphanages.

I think they stayed true to the story while modernizing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Apparently, due to the abandonment issue as in this one she is abandoned at the age of three and has all of the memories of the abandonment..Children that have been through that tend to have issues when they see movies that have those themes.

Quoting aetrom: Why is the adoption community up in arms?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)