Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

elf on the shelf question. help!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 10 Replies
My kids got a elf on the shelf for the first time this year. Does he magically disappear after Xmas eve? I cant imagine im suppised to box him up if hes duppised to be "real". Im new to this elf on the shelf thing. What do you do? Thanks!
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My friend keeps her elf out all year. He only starts to move around and do stuff after Thanksgiving
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I think they go back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. But I'm not sure. We don't do the elf thing.

Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
He's supposed to catch a ride back to the North Pole with Santa when he comes to deliver the presents.
Momtogirls0823
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Ours goes back in his box on Christmas Eve.  Then I bring him back out when the girls are asleep one night in November or December.  ETA:  I obviously make sure and keep his magic alive for them I'm just answering to the more practical side of your question!  As far as our dds are concerned, he goes back to the North Pole until Christmastime the next year.  :) hth!

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

lovemytwo88
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:11 AM
He leaves for the year with santa. I store him in the basement all year
polkaspots
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Santa picks the elves up and brings them back to the North Pole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AvantGardener
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM

When Santa comes tonight, our elf goes back with him. I put her in a box in the garage and she returns the day after Thanksgiving.

LuvingMy3Girls
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Santa takes him back to the North Pole and for us he arrows back usually in the mail box or some cute way the day after thanksgiving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tecsabates
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:02 AM
In our house, he goes home to the north pole with Santa Xmas eve. I hide him in the back of a cupboard kids don't go in...
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Typically, they disappear Christmas Eve. My son's been gone a week with his dad so I've kept our elf. He'll go back tonight after my son gets home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)