Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your morning go?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
How do you handle kids hyper for gifts and morning excitement?

We have always let the kids get into their stockings as soon as they get up. There are usually snacks and toys to keep them occupied until we adults get up. DH always worked nights (8yrs straight) so we wanted him to get a few hours sleep before waking him.

When they were super young, we put a baby gate up across the hall and they couldnt go out to the tree before we got up. They wpuld wake and then come crawl in bed with us until we were functional. LOL

Once DH and I get up we do gifts and then breakfast.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:16 AM
We watch movies while staying up until midnight. We open gifts and stockings at midnight. We ate some Christmas cookies we baked while playing with our gifts.
Now we are going to bed, and we will sleep in. In the morning we will eat breakfast, shower, get dressed and drive to both pairs of grandparents to open up more gifts.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:20 AM
We usually did gifts at midnight (closer to 1am) when I was growing up. We would do Christmas eve at my Grandparent's house and tuen 11pm church and open gifts when we got home.

With DH a cop on night shift, that doesnt work. He gets home around 4am.

Quoting diaperstodating: We watch movies while staying up until midnight. We open gifts and stockings at midnight. We ate some Christmas cookies we baked while playing with our gifts.
Now we are going to bed, and we will sleep in. In the morning we will eat breakfast, shower, get dressed and drive to both pairs of grandparents to open up more gifts.
aetrom
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:17 AM
We do gifta christmas eve. Stockings in the morning without us there. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Christmas eve, we do gifts with my in-laws.. Christmas morning, the kids are not allowed to open anything until Dh and I are up! Once we get up, Dh hands out the gifts and I record it all.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Our kids come wake us up, and if it's a reasonable hour we go and open gifts. There have been rare occasions where we've sent them back to bed.

We do stockings first, and then someone, usually one of the kids, passes out the gifts to everyone. The boys open one gift Christmas Eve - always new jammies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I'm home alone and don't get my son until around 3 or 4 this afternoon. So I slep until 9, wrapped his presents, and have been lazy. I'd much rather have him with me though. He's been gone a week.
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Our daughter wakes us up, and then we open presents. It takes our daughter an hour to open a half dozen gifts and a stocking. After presents, we make breakfast. Today she requested resurection rolls, bacon, and hard boiled eggs.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Gifts are opened. Everyone playing and happy :)
Getting ready to make breakfast burritos..yummm!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Luckily my boys are rarely ever hyper, especially first thing in the morning.  lol  We all woke up a little after 9:00 this morning.  We fixed a big breakfast and ate prior to opening gifts.

faeryfrog
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:21 AM
We are having our Christmas this morning.im the first one up as usual, gonna pop our breakfast in the oven and start the coffee.

Everyone will start staggering in and the girls can play with their unwrapped Santa gifts while we eat, then we open presents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)