Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you looking forward to in 2015?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 28 Replies

Any milestone birthdays or anniversaries?

Are you buying a new house or relocating?

How about a family vacation or weekend getaway?

Any graduations or other celebrations?

What are you most looking foward to in 2015?

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest son will be turning 2 in Feb.

geekymom08
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:35 AM
We are planning a trip to DC for our son this year

Our son will be 7 in Feb

Our second child is due on the 4th of July

Finding out what we are having (baby)

Possibly moving to a bigger house

8 year wedding anniversary!

And a couple other things I don't want to mention because it's in the works and I don't want to jinx it from happening!!!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

We have several "milestones" this coming year in 2015...

Both of us will turn 40, our oldest dd will turn 10, we will celebrate our 20th anniversary...

Vacation: Dh is taking me somewhere for our anniversary...he gave me my choices on Monday- 

1.) Trip to San Francisco ( he will take me all over SF as well as to wine country)

2.) Trip to NYC and see a show on Broadway of my choice

3.) A cruise or trip anywhere overseas...

I don't know what to choose!!!! I've never been to CA, would love to see a show on Broadway ( love NYC), and I LOVE to travel Internationally..so this is a conundrum. lol 

We might be getting a dog this weekend...I'm waiting to hear from the foster parents. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:34 AM
My youngest had surgery this year. I want it to be done and her to be fully recovered then I will focus on other plans. Getting her where she needs to be health wise is my focus for the first half.
progressandjoy
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:36 AM

My daughter is turning one! I'm a bit sad that time has flown by so quickly, but ultimately I'm excited that my baby is growing up.

I'll also be starting my upper level college classes. Come Fall 2015, I'll have less than a year to go.

Unfortunately, we also have some things I'm dreading. DH just found out that he has to have a big surgery. He'll be out of work for roughly four months. My job is going to school full time and taking care of the kids (DD is 9 months and SS is 7 years old). I'm praying that school loans and tax returns will get us through DH's surgery and recovery. Financially, this is going to be a very tight and stressful year.  

ladybugchick317
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:38 AM

My grandson will be born this year, we are adding a room on to the house for a craft room/office for me, dh and I are taking a 2nd honeymoon weekend and then we are taking a family weekend with the kids.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Well my SO moved in right before Thanksgiving, so I'm looking forward to continuing to enjoy the fact that we live together (we didn't for 3 years bc he had to tend to his sick nan when his grandfather passed until they could get her in to a home). 

We have been attempting to plan a Vacation to Disneyworld for a while now so I'll have to wait until tax return season now but I'm paying for it all at that time. 

I'm hoping to move out of our apartment, We will still live in the same complex but there are better ones in the complex (my family owns the apartments) so hoping to get another one as the one we're in sucks. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:49 AM

In mid-March, my oldest son will have his Confirmation at church.  

In May I will be a chaperone for my oldest son's DC trip.  

On May 20, we will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.

Our summer trip this year is going to be to Antietam National Battlefield in MD along with a side trip to Aberdeen Proving Ground.

In the fall my youngest son will start his last year of elementary school.

That is all that I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh and since my dad just went by blowing his horn - I'm really looking forward to my dad being officially retired.  lol

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:13 AM

The kids and I are going to Norway in March.

And I have 2 nieces or nephews coming in May & July.  Not sure what either is yet, my little sister finds out on the 7th, and I'm not sure when my little brother's gf finds out.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Ds1 will turn 16. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. . . While he does have his learner's permit, we are going to put off his getting a driver's license as long as we can to keep our insurance rate down (it does not go up until he gets the actual license).

Ds2 crosses over from Cub Scouts into Boy Scouts in Jan. I've got mixed emotions on that. It will be nice to have ds1 and ds2 on the same Scout schedule, but I'm a little sad that my last "baby boy" will no longer be a Cub Scout. It will be the first time since fall, 2005 that I will not be involved in Cub Scouts, so being w/o it will seem very strange!

We've got the basics of one longer camping trip worked out, and are going to plan out another longer one as well. I'm kind of excited about that, especially now that ds1 will be able to help w/ the driving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)