Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will they stay up tonight?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 32 Replies

Do you let your kids stay up until midnight to ring in the new year, or will tonight be a normal bedtime for them?

We let our kids stay up.

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:51 PM
They can if they want to.

We really don't have plans but a friend up the street is having a get together. Will probably wander over.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys don't have a set bedtime over breaks and have been up past midnight several times so far this break.  They are more than welcome to stay up tonight if they choose to do so.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Mine have been up until 11 pm. or later mroe than once this break, too. I'm going to do my best to make sure tonight is the last really late night they have so that Monday morning's 6:10 (for the boys) and 7:30 (for dd) wake up times aren't too much of a shock.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys don't have a set bedtime over breaks and have been up past midnight several times so far this break.  They are more than welcome to stay up tonight if they choose to do so.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I keep telling myself that I need to reign them in and make tonight the last late night and that I should set the alarm for 9:30 tomorrow morning so that we can go to be earlier tomorrow night.  And then my night owl tendencies take over and we all sleep until 10 or later and stay up past midnight yet again.  The boys and I are pretty much nocturnal by the end of summer.

Quoting wakymom:

Mine have been up until 11 pm. or later mroe than once this break, too. I'm going to do my best to make sure tonight is the last really late night they have so that Monday morning's 6:10 (for the boys) and 7:30 (for dd) wake up times aren't too much of a shock.

Quoting steelcrazy:

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
My boys will be staying up. I have three night owls and one early bird. My early bird is rested so he will be able to stay up with us.
BostonMomma08
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM
DH and I won't even be staying up. We're all sick and will probably be asleep by 10:00.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:46 PM

It's not easy being a family of night owls in a morning-oriented world : (

Quoting steelcrazy:

I keep telling myself that I need to reign them in and make tonight the last late night and that I should set the alarm for 9:30 tomorrow morning so that we can go to be earlier tomorrow night.  And then my night owl tendencies take over and we all sleep until 10 or later and stay up past midnight yet again.  The boys and I are pretty much nocturnal by the end of summer.

Quoting wakymom:

Quoting steelcrazy:

MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:16 PM
We'll be up. My parents are coming over around 8, but they leave at 12:05 am. Then we go to bed.
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I don't even stay up til midnight. LOL. It won't be normal bedtime, but I doubt they'll be up any later than 9:30 or 10.

2babymomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I let my girls stay up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)