Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child's school do anything for valentines?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM
  • 31 Replies

I am on PTO and thinking about doing something for valentines! Something like a candy gram or roses? Not sure what, looking for ideas, suggestions!

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Bump

bear with heart                        happy valentine                     holding balloons

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM
We've let kids hand out Valentines the last 10 minutes of the day and maybe had a treat during that time but we don't do candygrams or flowers or anything. With our 4th and 5th graders, some of them are already developing crushes/puppy love that may or may not be unrequited. To avoid having a boy buy a girl something and having her pitch a fit if it's someone less than desirable to her, we just keep it as low key as possible. Plus, we don't want mad daddies at the school complaining about their daughters being too young to get stuff from a boy, etc.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:56 PM
I remember we did those when I was in high school. We just have small parties, usually the higher the grade, the smaller the party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:15 PM

My oldest son will have a small valentine party that the room moms plan and he will get cards too hand out to his friends.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:03 PM
No my oldest Tyler is 12 yr old and is homeschooled.
ljmom24
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 5:58 AM

They can't have candy in my kids school. It was banned by the fat police. Kids are allowed to hand out valentines in younger grades but the higher up you go in grades less time they allow for it. The 8th grade does s carnation fundraiser every year to raise money for the yearbook.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Every classroom has a party where they exchange Valentine cards, play games, etc.  We don't sell things like candy or roses and one would think that roses would be very cost prohibitive that time of the year anyway.  

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Dd's old school did special Valentine messages that the kids could buy for their friends for a dollar.

Her new school only did classroom parties last year. I don't know if they are planning anything school-wide this year or not.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM
No. I have to admit, I'd never heard of all these parties for every minor event until I joined on here.
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Each class has a party where they hand out valentines, but nothing is done school-wide like you mentioned and that's fine with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)