Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to get a bra?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:25 PM
  • 38 Replies

In your opintion, at what stage should a girl wear a bra daily?  Does it depend on age?  Does it depend on what is being worn?  I had a debate with a friend and just looking to hear others' opinions on when it is a MUST to wear.  TIA!

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aurora.dove
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I think starting them out around 8 or 9 in a training bra is probably a good idea to get them use to wearing one daily once they begin developing breasts. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's when she needs one. 

I do think what she's wearing matters. Under a sweat shirt is different than a tighter fitting top. But it seems like it would be easier to get used to wearing one if it was a daily thing. 

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends of the child.  My oldest DD developed early and had to start wearing one in 3rd grade.  My younger DD didn't need one till the beginning of 5th grade.  Both started out with sports type bras and moved up to typical training bras within a year. 

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Yes, I guess I am asking, is it when anything is noticeable under a thin shirt or is it when there are actual buds/breasts there?  I am especially wondering underneath those really thin shirts or the workout material shirts where EVERYTHING is seen.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I trying to figure that out myself. Dd doesn't really have buds yet, but under certain shirts, things are a little more noticeable now. She's 9. I''m not ready for her to need one yet, and her dad definitely is not ready for that yet!

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Everyday, once her breast are noticeable 

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:53 PM

I started using a training bra at 12 because my breasts were big enough that needed to be supported.

MommyHuman
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Sadly this is becomiong an issue in my house. DD is 6 but last night when she was wearing a very babggy shirt I noticed she was starting to , um, bloom. I don;t think there is a set age, but when a parents notices it, and they start requesting a bra its time to look into it. I devolped at 8 and was in a Bcup by age 9. So it can happen to even the little ones.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:16 PM

This is similiar to what I got my girls when things first started to be a little noticeable.  After about a year they to moved to actual training bras.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My girls have been wearing something like a bra for a couple years now. My 12yo is in actual bras now, but that was pretty recent.

Shirts for girls are so damn thin it gets to be a little indecent past a certain age to not have something on underneath.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)