Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer camps

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:25 PM
  • 32 Replies
What type of summer camp do you send your children to?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Day camps usually (not overnight) for tennis, art, music, and language. Our older son also does whatever Boy Scout camp he's interested in.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Day camp. Firs they went to the one I went to when I was younger but then I changed DD. She wants to go back to old one this year but I'm not sure. DS will be getting a job. =) I always tell them overnight camp is an option if they want to go but they always say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:58 PM

My boys go to Boy Scout camp.usully a6 day program. This year we are looking at the option to go with another Troop in our area to  a camp out of state and include a trip to Zion National Park.

DD usually goes to church camp - also a 6 day sleep in camp. They are up in the mountains nad do games, study nature, sleep under the starts one night, all the usual camp stuff.

Do do not do day camps since I am a SAHM there is no need. Do do lots of field trips and outings in the summer.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Day camps offered by the city or local schools

lizfnf
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:03 PM

We usually do a field hockey clinic which lasts a week, and our local playground has a morning program in the summer, which my daughter goes to.  I would love to send her to sleep away camp, but I'm not sure how she'd handle being away that long.  She'll be 8 this summer.  

canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:13 PM
None. I work at a local high school, so I have summers off and am home with the kids. We keep busy going to local splash parks, and pools. Plus the kids will spend long weekends at my dad and stepmom's or my sister's, and we go camping fairly regularly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Mine only go to one week of Scout camp.

psurmont
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:51 PM
Yes! My daughter wants to do an overnight camp that lasts a week. She will be 8 this summer too. I guess I am going to let her try it. It is only 45 minutes away so I am hoping she likes it!

Quoting lizfnf:

We usually do a field hockey clinic which lasts a week, and our local playground has a morning program in the summer, which my daughter goes to.  I would love to send her to sleep away camp, but I'm not sure how she'd handle being away that long.  She'll be 8 this summer.  

lizfnf
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Maybe I'll look into it again! There are some awesome sounding ones run through the girl scouts.

Quoting psurmont: Yes! My daughter wants to do an overnight camp that lasts a week. She will be 8 this summer too. I guess I am going to let her try it. It is only 45 minutes away so I am hoping she likes it!

Quoting lizfnf:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My experience, as a camp director for mostly 9-10yo boys, the kids tend to handle it better than the parents.

Quoting lizfnf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)