Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very proud of dd

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
4 moms liked this
I'm often proud of dd. She's s great kid. But this is special to me.

We've struggled with her reading skills for years. She is in second grade and has always been below average or barely keeping up in reading. They use the Fontas and Pinnell reading levels at her school.

At the middle of this year, just several weeks ago, her teacher tested her and she was given level O. This is the required level for the middle of third grade. L is the required level for middle of second grade.

I don't know how she compares with other kids in her class, but she is ahead of where she has to be for the first time-and I am thrilled!
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome!  My oldest son struggled with reading in early elementary, now he is in 8th grade and I can't keep up with books for him.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM

That is great!

Sometimes it just takes longer for reading to "click" for some kids. Sounds like things finally did for your dd : )

NicoleBrower
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:20 PM

That is awesome.  If you are looking for more leveled books you might want to take a look in scholastic.com.

They have books that tell you what level they are, so you can get books on her level.

Just an idea. :)

Nicole Brower
Proud Mommy of 2 Awesome Girls
Happily Married
Public School Teacher
Childrens Book Author
My Website NicoleBrowerBooks.com

Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Awesome!!!! 

Those tests can be so stressful. I was stressed because dd in kindergarten kept getting that she was the baseline. Come to find out, she is leaps and bounds above in everything and is a fluent reader but isn't focusing enough to give the details about the story,

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

It is so nice to start Monday morning off by coming here and reading a good post about a child.

Yes, that is awesome!

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 7:55 AM

That's awesome!!

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Congratulations!

All 3 of my kids struggled with reading, especially in English (they learn in Hebrew as well.) And right after winter break of second grade is where all 3 just took off. They were ok at the beginning of second and then wow!

jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 2, 2015 at 11:16 AM

That is awesome!

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2015 at 3:26 PM

How great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)