• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bullying realized

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
Trying to get my child to connect with a child from his past that had the same medical issue he had; my son revealed that he was picked on by the child and he looked "scared" when I tried to share. I he was bullied,but the extent is starting to come out now.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Having something in common doesn't necessarily mean that kids will actually like each other.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:27 PM

This and trying to "force" friendships is stupid! As adults we would never allow someone else to pick our friends. Why on Earth would you not extend the same theory to a child!?

Quoting steelcrazy:

Having something in common doesn't necessarily mean that kids will actually like each other.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM
Was the other child just being mean, picking on your son, or actually bullying? There's a big difference.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:50 AM
This. I always say find out the whole story before going off the deep end and assigning blame.

We went on vacation a few years ago with family and I forgot to pack my kids' suitcases (left them in their bedrooms). My one cousin teases me non-stop about that and while it's not as funny as it used to be and I would say he picks on me a lot, he is not bullying me.

Quoting Andrewsmom70: Was the other child just being mean, picking on your son, or actually bullying? There's a big difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merricksmama
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Don't force a friendship.  Even though they may have something in common does not mean their personalities mesh.  I am sorry to hear that your child has been bullyed.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I'm sorry it did not go well between them.

I'd have to hear all of what went on before calling it bullying. There is a difference between being mean and true bullying.

Were you trying to reconnect the 2 of them b/c your ds asked you to, or b/c you wanted them to? While you might like to seem them be friends again b/c of what they have in common, it just might not be in the cards. Follow your ds's lead on it and not force a friendship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)