Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?? QOTD ?? 02/04/15

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Jen
  • 26 Replies

How many different homes have you lived in? Do you plan on staying in your current home or moving again?

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:24 AM

16 so far, moving again at the end of the month into #17.

Before anyone gets all weirded out... military brat, married to a guy in the military.

jamianne
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:27 AM

This is my fifth.  We're planning on moving this summer.

jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM

I don't think it is weird that you have moved that many times.

I have moved a total of 15 times and I plan on moving again in 2016. Hopefully for the last time.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

16 so far, moving again at the end of the month into #17.

Before anyone gets all weirded out... military brat, married to a guy in the military.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:57 AM

At this point, I have lived in 12 different houses.  I was an Army brat during the Vietnam War Era.  My kids have only lived in 2 different houses though.  I really don't want to move again as it is a major PITA and I love living on my family's land.  However, I absolutely hate the house that I currently live in, so who knows.  My options are very limited on who I can sell the house to though, so we have talked about doing major renovations.  Tearing the roof off and adding a second story is one of the plans.  YIKES!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:29 AM
As a kid, two houses. Where I was when born then mom moved back in with my grandparents when Mon n sperm-donor split.
three with Mom n Dad,
moved out with a boyfriend, then lived on my own for a bit
Dh and I and the kids..four

Grand total...11
jaytee
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:30 AM

A major renovation like that is definitely scary!

Quoting steelcrazy:

At this point, I have lived in 12 different houses.  I was an Army brat during the Vietnam War Era.  My kids have only lived in 2 different houses though.  I really don't want to move again as it is a major PITA and I love living on my family's land.  However, I absolutely hate the house that I currently live in, so who knows.  My options are very limited on who I can sell the house to though, so we have talked about doing major renovations.  Tearing the roof off and adding a second story is one of the plans.  YIKES!

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:42 AM

4 and yes we are staying where are living at right now.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:15 AM

I'm up to 10 and not done.  We own our house (with no mortgage) so I don't plan on moving.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Seven houses + some dorms. I lived in one house until age 5 and then my parents built a house across the street and I lived there until I was out of school. Then came the dorms. ;-) After that I rented a house in TX. and eventually moved and rented another house in the same town. I came home to PA. and rented a 1-bedroom apartment, which is where my husband and I lived when we were first married. Then we found out we were expecting and upgraded to a 2-bedroom apartment. A year later we decided to design and build a house, which is our current home. It's been 13 years since we built and we plan to stay here until we are too old to be in our home anymore. lol

canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:02 PM
I think 9 or 10, and we will be moving hopefully by August. We had a house fire last summer and will be building a new home at the site, so our move in date is not set in stone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)