Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember That Mom Who Blamed My Kid??

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

Last month I did a post about how a mom went to the aquatics director and blamed my dd for her dd's inability to swim 50 yards efficiently.  She then told me to my face that she felt it was my dd's fault. I told her I thought she was full of shit and was honestly hurt because this mom was suppose to be my friend. We have known each other for 4 years. Our dd's are really good friends. If she felt that my dd was distracting hers or preventing her from learning she could have said something to me or the coach. Not go to the director.

Anyways. I ended up avoiding that mom for two weeks. Last Thursday I dropped my dd off for practice and left. When I came back this mom loudly announced that my dd distracted her dd the entire time and that her dd is now no longer allowed to go to a Frozen Ice Skating party with mine. (this had been planned prior to the first confrontation). She made this announcement in front of all the parents and our two girls. Her dd started crying. I bit my tongue and walked away. I called the head coach and told her about the second confrontation. She was already aware because other parents had already informed her about it. They justifably felt uncomfortable.

I have not seen this mom since. I called the coach today with a question about this Saturday's meet. She informed  me that she spoke with the mom and told her that there are three coaches on deck. If my dd was doing something to interrupt practice they would have said something. She told the mom that her dd is responsible for herself and that she needs to worry about her own kid instead of pointing fingers.

I am so relieved that the coach said something to this mom. I think this mom has issues that have nothing to do with me or my dd. She is paying a lot of money for her dd to be on a swim team but only brings her to practice 2 hours a week. I hope that I can salvage our friendship since our girls are very close.

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:00 PM

I'm glad the coach said something to her. Hopefully she is willing to be civilized towards you now so your girls' can continue their friendship.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You seem to have  A LOT of drama surrounding you and your kids.  Goodness I hope it all works out.

heydooney
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:07 PM
What?! My son is in karate and he and this other boy are the only two purple belts in the class so they are always next to each other and this boy constantly talks. They both get talked to about it and sometimes have consequences. Know who I blame? DS, he is in charge of himself.
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad the coaches called her out on her behaviour. I don't know why you want to salvage anything with that nut rag though. Cut your losses, you are WAYYYYYYY better off without that in your life. If you want Drama I can suggest some fantastic shows for you to watch instead.

Sydel
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM

LOL I guess friend is the wrong word. I want she and I to be civil and on good terms. I want to be able to still take her dd to the movies and have her over my house for sleep overs. I thought I was a helicopter mom at one point but this mom brags that her dd is lucky she can sneeze by herself. I like her dd a lot and like letting her enjoy herself when she's with me. Which is maybe twice a year.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I'm glad the coaches called her out on her behaviour. I don't know why you want to salvage anything with that nut rag though. Cut your losses, you are WAYYYYYYY better off without that in your life. If you want Drama I can suggest some fantastic shows for you to watch instead.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:51 PM
Glad the coach dealt with the passive aggressive mom. Who needs that negativity?
Greenbird15
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Poor kids sounds like a mom on Dance Moms-cuckoo. I'd say cut your losses she might have more crazy up her sleeve that she is about to pull out if you keep interacting with her!

thatgirl70
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Yeah. There wouldn't be a snowball's chance in hell of me remaining friends or even acquaintances with that freaking lunatic. Hopefully both your girls can remain friends at school and in swimming, but screw having anything to do with that crazy loon.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Seeing as you have no clue what crap is going to come out of her mouth, there's no way I'd put my daughter in her line of fire if at all possible. They can be friends at school but otherwise, I'd steer clear of her unless you are a glutton for punishment and willing to have your daughter treated like trash again. That's not something I'd be willing to risk myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)