Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oops - forgot about first communion dress!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:13 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is approaching First Communion and as much as we, the school and our church has been preparing her - we didn't give much thought to the dress yet.  It actually just hit me this morning.

Anyone want to share some pics of their DD's at their first communion or even nice dresses that you like that you've seen?  I need some help/inspiration.

Thanks in advance!!!

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
colins_mom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:16 AM
My mom has all of my pictures from first communion. But we went to a bridal store here in town and found me a really pretty flower girl /junior bridesmaids dress in white and my grandma made my veil.
cupcake_mom
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:22 AM
It's about to be easter so I'm sure you could go to like jc penny or kohl's or Macy's or anywhere like that and get a nice dress. When is her communion? Before or after easter? If it's after you might could get a good sale the day after.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, seems very early for First Communion.  That doesn't happen around here until May.

Macy's is a good place to start your search.  I only have boys, so I don't shop for dresses often.

Creekie.
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Wow, seems very early for First Communion.  That doesn't happen around here until May.

Macy's is a good place to start your search.  I only have boys, so I don't shop for dresses often.

It is in May, but I need time to find it and most likely order it to be shipped to Canada.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Quoting Creekie.:

Quoting steelcrazy:

It is in May, but I need time to find it and most likely order it to be shipped to Canada.

So there aren't stores in Canada that sell white dresses?  I would honestly wait until after Easter and get something on clearance.

My oldest son is making his confirmation on March 12 and needs a suit.  I'll worry about that the first week of March.

Mandymb
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My youngest is doing hers in may. She is gonna wear the same dress her sister wore. Here it is.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:31 AM
We don't do white dresses. We just wear something pretty.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Dd had her 1st Communion last yr. We got it at a local Catholic store. I usually don't post pictures of my kids in a public group, but I'll make an exception for this : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)