Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher appreciation gift AND end of year gift?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM
  • 25 Replies
So appreciation week is May 4-7 and Ds gets out May 21. They are awful close together this year. So should I do 1 gift (and which one to give gift for) or 2 gifts?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2babymomma
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Let him make his teacher a gift for this week and then buy something for the end of year. My girls made their teacher acrostics using the days of the week so the get one everyday. For the end of the year we are doing pedicure gift baskets along with a target gift card and Starbucks card.
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 7, 2015 at 8:20 AM

When my girls were in a brick and mortar school, we did 2 gifts. 

I typically made goodies for the teachers since I'm a former Pastry Chef. I made truffles, cookies or cheesecakes. I also got them gift cards for Starbucks or The School Box. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

CraftyMom2002
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:31 AM
We are only doing one thing. We don't have a lot of extra money to get gifts and to be honest once the snow melts things get crazy in our house so last year we totally forgot.

I'm not a fan of buying things, I would prefer to make something nice. DS loves to see with me so he's giving one teacher a gift this week and the rest will get their gift in a few weeks.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:06 AM

For teacher appreciation, my kids typically write/draw something for their teachers.  At the end of the year, I typically give the teachers a flower that they can plant and enjoy during the summer.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:52 PM

I only do an end-of-year gift.

lizfnf
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:01 PM
I did mason jars with "emergency supplies" for the teacher in them. Decorated in the school colors and put their names on them. They were a huge hit. One teacher asked if I was taking orders. It didn't cost much. Haven't figured out what I'm doing for the end of the year yet.
Impressionists
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:10 PM
What "emergency supplies?" Sounds cute.

Quoting lizfnf: I did mason jars with "emergency supplies" for the teacher in them. Decorated in the school colors and put their names on them. They were a huge hit. One teacher asked if I was taking orders. It didn't cost much. Haven't figured out what I'm doing for the end of the year yet.
bcauseimthemom
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this

The gift giving is getting out of control.  Why is there a week of appreciation?? Why not just one day??

Maybe I am just feeling a bit like an ATM for the school lately but at the start of the school year, we purchase supplies.... enough supplies to stock the classroom for the year... for more than just one child.

There have been four or five fund raisers, not to mention the two book fairs and Santa's Secret Shop.

School apparel sale, movie nights, family fitness nights, donate for baskets to be raffled, bake sales for each grade level....

Christmas gift, appreciation gift, gifts for teacher aides, end of school for the teacher....

Donations for parties, field trips..... it is getting insane.

We decided not to do gifts for any of it.  It may sound harsh but it has been crazy since we moved and are in this new school district.  

lizfnf
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I put in: lip balm, aleve, band aids, paper clips, a rubber stamp, a tide to go pen, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, and chocolates.

Quoting Impressionists: What "emergency supplies?" Sounds cute.

Quoting lizfnf: I did mason jars with "emergency supplies" for the teacher in them. Decorated in the school colors and put their names on them. They were a huge hit. One teacher asked if I was taking orders. It didn't cost much. Haven't figured out what I'm doing for the end of the year yet.
mommy053008
by Maria on May. 7, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I'm doing just a teacher appreciation gift!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)