Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last Year Of Elementary School!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM
  • 23 Replies
As sad as it is for me to say this is my youngest child's last year in elementary school. Here they consider k-6 elementary school. Then 7-12 is considered high school. And even though i have 3 kids already in the hs its kinda bittersweet knowing that my 4th and last child will be joining his siblings there in September. So what i want to know ladies is how many of your kids are still in elementary school? And how many of u have kids that are in their last year of it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Next school year will be his last. His school is divided into lower division (elementary) k-5, and upper division (6-12). It will be bittersweet. My oldest will also graduate from high school next year.

Sydel
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:32 AM

I only have one in elementary. She will be a 3rd grader next year.

My oldest will be in 8th grade next year.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 7, 2015 at 9:33 AM

My son will be in the 2nd grade and my daughter, the 3rd grade.  Their elementary school goes up to the 4th grade, as 5th grade is freshman middle school. They go to a public charter school and the campus are from grades pk3 to 12th grade.

Superlaura328
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Awww, I sent my oldest to middle school for the first time this year! They're 6-8th out here. I still have two in elementary, 2nd and 1st grade so I've got a little while. I did feel pretty emotional when my youngest started kindergarten... I'm not planning on having anymore kids so it felt like my babies are all gone and now I only have big kids!! ::sniff sniff::

MomMomMomMama
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:43 AM
I went through this but then had another baby. Now I have two in middle school and one in preschool. He'll start elementary when my second youngest starts high school.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:43 AM

My boys are in 5 and 8 this year.  Our elementary is also k-6, middle school is 7-8 and high school is 9-12.  Although the middle and high schools are in the same building, just on different wings.

My youngest will be in his last year of elementary school next year and quite honestly I am looking forward to it.  The mama drama doesn't seem to be as prominent in middle and high school.  And I am beyond sick and tired of the mama drama.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM
DD is 6th this year, so technically her last year in elementary. However, we homeschool and use a charter that is k-12 so there isn't much change from year to year. Everything is on the same campus (if we even want to use it), just the options and classes change.
canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:27 AM
My younger kids' school is K-8 and high school is 9-12. Next year my youngest will be in grade 4, the middle will be in grade 8, and the oldest in grade 12. So I have a few years yet of elementary to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tulip05
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:29 AM
This fall will be my dd last year of elementary. Here k-5 is elementary, 6-8 is middle school & 9-12 is HS. I still can't believe she is going into 5th grade already! Time flies :(
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Last year here, dd is going to 6th in the fall.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)