Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please tell me I'm not the only mom who has done this

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Meet Stinker! He's 5yo & in kinder. Tonight he asked me to shave his head. I was almost done when he says to me "Don't make me bald mom. No joke. Don't make me bald!" & I ended up laughing so hard I had to turn the clippers off. Well he grabbed them & popped the guard. But I didmt realize it til clippers were back at his head & I turn them on. That's when they fell off & the picture on the left happened. I tried my best to fix it. He actually looks like he has a military haircut (sort of). When he saw his bald spot he cracked up himself. I said I didn't know who to send it to first- my mom, his dad, or my exBF. Stinker says "Post it on Facebook!"
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy053008
by Maria on May. 17, 2015 at 8:30 PM

he's so cute! it is very short!

CampClan
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM
His hair is thick & grows quick. I was trying to go short enough that I only had to do it once the entire summer.

Quoting mommy053008:

mommy053008
by Maria on May. 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM

you may have to do it one other time. he has hair like my nephews! I thought it was a pic of my nephew at first. they look very similiar esp. with that haircut.

Quoting CampClan: His hair is thick & grows quick. I was trying to go short enough that I only had to do it once the entire summer.
Quoting mommy053008:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:43 PM
Been there, done that with my oldest - except that I took a stripe off down the middle of the top of his head! I just buzzed his whole head, he liked how it felt 'sprinkly'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:10 PM

nope, my boys have long hair. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Poor kid.  

I don't cut my kids hair, so I've never done anything like that.  My boys get their hair cut once a month typically.  I couldn't imagine going all summer without a hair cut.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Lol! at his "Post it on Facebook" comment!

I'm only brave enough to trim dd's and my bangs, nothing else! Even when ds2 gets a buzz cut for a laser treatment, I take him to Great Clips.

CampClan
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
He likes hearing what others say about his antics.

Quoting wakymom:

Lol! at his "Post it on Facebook" comment!

I'm only brave enough to trim dd's and my bangs, nothing else! Even when ds2 gets a buzz cut for a laser treatment, I take him to Great Clips.

MommyHuman
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:38 PM

That is why I just pay the $10 to let my hairdresser cut it. I know I would do so etching like that. At least he is taking it stride. My ds is only 5, but h is so weird and picky about his hair.

SahmTam
by Tammy on May. 18, 2015 at 8:36 AM

LOL Glad he has a sense of humor about it. It'll probably be grown out enough to trimmer it all even again pretty soon.

I used to do my youngest's hair, but as he got older and it got thicker it was too much of a pain. I tried my oldest's once. He was red, wavy, thick, wiry hair- the trimmers didn't pass through his hair as easily as my youngest's. They would get mildly stuck in all of that wiry hair. I never did it again. I never had the guard come off with my boys, but I did get the areas around the ears and the back of the neck a bit uneven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)