Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forget the school line pick up. Football camp pickup chaos

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:24 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, I've read many posts about the frustrations about picking up kids from school.  Well, here's my rant about football camp pick up.  There is no organization.  You pick them up at this parking lot between the high school and the junior high.  Some people park and others just sit in their cars blocking the parked cars in.  Leaving is like a demo derby.  Today, I was backing out, turned to look the other way and the car next to me was backing out as well.  Then to get out of the parking lot, you have to go out the same way you come in and then people try to find short cuts and budge in front of you. 

family in the van   Mom of four

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Dang! They really should have a more organized system for that.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM

We don't start football camp until mid-July here and most of the kids drive themselves, so no major traffic issues.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM
Sounds frustrating.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Is there a parking lot across the street from the schools?
Maybe you can park there and wait, or walk across the street to the school.
soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:03 PM

This is for little kids.  The actual football players have camp all summer long or it seems.

Quoting steelcrazy:

We don't start football camp until mid-July here and most of the kids drive themselves, so no major traffic issues.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:04 PM

The schools are in a residential area so one would have to park in the street. 

Quoting diaperstodating: Is there a parking lot across the street from the schools? Maybe you can park there and wait, or walk across the street to the school.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Didn't even realize that you still had a little kid.  Our little kids don't start until Aug.  Seems insane to start football in June.

Quoting soymujer:

This is for little kids.  The actual football players have camp all summer long or it seems.

Quoting steelcrazy:

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

My youngest is 9.  I call that little still.  Maybe because my other three are all big teens!

Quoting steelcrazy:

Didn't even realize that you still had a little kid.  Our little kids don't start until Aug.  Seems insane to start football in June.

Quoting soymujer:

Quoting steelcrazy:

canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Our youth football has been going since the end of April and will wind up June 20th. Hubs coaches our youngest (his practices run from 6:00-7:15) and we stay and watch middle ds's practices (7:15-8:30ish, they tend to run later as it stays light longer). Oldest ds coaches a team as well, so we're all there for the whole thing.

You do have to watch carefully for kids, especially at the transition time, but most people are pretty good about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovlyRita
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Back into the spaces if you are picking up kids. I always back into spaces at the school and so do most of the parents. It makes leaving so much easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)