Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you ready for some football???

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this

Am I the only one in the group that is completely bedside herself with happiness that football starts tomorrow night?? I know it's the Hall of Fame game and just pre season, but to me, it just means that in a few short weeks, the real games will be on as well as College ball. I love football..Dh jokes that he married a dude because I will watch ESPN and NFL all the time during football season. 

As painful as it is, I'm a diehard Falcons fan and a huge UGA fan. 

How about y'all? Any football fans? If so, what team? 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Not as into it as I used to be but ,like you, I still cheer for my sad Eagles. There have been so many changes that I'm not even sure who is still on the team. DS is a Steelers fan...Sundays can get ugly here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I miss the Friday night lights of Texas High School football! Unfortunately Kansas is not really big on football.
But come Saturday, I BLEED MAROON for my Fighting Texas Aggies. WHOOP

On Sunday, I am all about the Blue and Silver and my Dallas Cowboys!

I am a die hard football fan. I am looking forward to the HoF game too because it kicks off my favorite time of the year.....FOOTBALL SEASON.

Side note: I just bought the cutest little yard sign that says: Winter, Spring, Summer, Football.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x: Not as into it as I used to be but ,like you, I still cheer for my sad Eagles. There have been so many changes that I'm not even sure who is still on the team. DS is a Steelers fan...Sundays can get ugly here.

Luckily, Dh and I cheer for the same team. 

I'm interested to see what happens for us this year: new head coach, new coordinators, some new trades as well as the draftees...the sad thing is we have a great team, but we can never seem to get to the Super Bowl...it's depressing to be a Falcon some years. 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I miss the Friday night lights of Texas High School football! Unfortunately Kansas is not really big on football. But come Saturday, I BLEED MAROON for my Fighting Texas Aggies. WHOOP

I am a die hard football fan. I am looking forward to the HoF game too because it kicks off my favorite time of the year.....FOOTBALL SEASON.

Side note: I just bought the cutest little yard sign that says: Winter, Spring, Summer, Football.

I can't wait until next month when my Bulldogs take the field!! 

Lilly detests football season...the way she thinks about it is : " Oh great...we will never get to watch tv again as Mom is watching football all weekend long.." LOL   The girls know that starting tomorrow, the tv is MINE!!! No more teen/tween shows all the time! Yay me!! 

Claire

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Normally yes but I'm a dreaded pats fan so just so damn tired of hearing about deflated balls. College ball isn't really big up here but yds has hockey on Saturdays in the fall so not really home to watch. I do do a fantasy football league which is fun even if I came in dead last (damn you Adrian Peterson) 

i hated football as a kid but about a year into my marriage figured unless I want to spend my Sunday's alone better give it a shot. Once I figured it out it was fun to watch. My dad is probably more excited then my dh that I got into it.  the day the phone rang after a big win and he just wanted to talk to me about it dh looked like someone stole his ice cream. The kids like to watch football it used to be for the food but ods is starting to understand more because they play it in school.

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Luckily we are a household of football fans. My DH doesn't like college ball but will watch the AGs with me.
When the older boys lived at home, and played ball, it was insane. I miss the insanity. Practices all week, Friday Night Lights, D's little league games first thing Saturdary morning, then all day college ball, all day Sunday NFL and of course who could forget Monday Night Football.  ;)

During football season we have all the TVs tuned in so we miss nothing as we wander around the house. Funny thing, when I met my DH 15 years ago, he was only a passing football fan. He didn't really have a favorite team and if he caught a random game on TV great, if not, no biggie. My boys and I turned him into a self respecting football fan we can be proud of....Haha!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I miss the Friday night lights of Texas High School football! Unfortunately Kansas is not really big on football. But come Saturday, I BLEED MAROON for my Fighting Texas Aggies. WHOOP

I can't wait until next month when my Bulldogs take the field!! 

Lilly detests football season...the way she thinks about it is : " Oh great...we will never get to watch tv again as Mom is watching football all weekend long.." LOL   The girls know that starting tomorrow, the tv is MINE!!! No more teen/tween shows all the time! Yay me!! 

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Oh no, I need to start hiding people from my newsfeed!! There are 3 teams whose fans are completely insufferable, I'm friends with several fans of the Bad 3 and I have to hide all of them during football season or I'll end up hating them. :-P

I'm a Broncos fan, have been since I was 9. DH is a Bucs fan.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:26 AM
DH is also a diehard Eagles fan...not sure where DS came from! DD goes back and forth between Eagles and Steelers. I told her she's not allowed to cheer for the Steelers but I think she does it to kiss up to/bond with DS. =)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting coolmommy2x: Not as into it as I used to be but ,like you, I still cheer for my sad Eagles. There have been so many changes that I'm not even sure who is still on the team. DS is a Steelers fan...Sundays can get ugly here.

Luckily, Dh and I cheer for the same team. 

I'm interested to see what happens for us this year: new head coach, new coordinators, some new trades as well as the draftees...the sad thing is we have a great team, but we can never seem to get to the Super Bowl...it's depressing to be a Falcon some years. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Looking forward too football and season 6 of the walking dead. I will be cheering on the Pats, Cowboys, Saints and Steelers.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:03 AM

I also love football and follow the Vikings - which is also painful. DH enjoys football, but I do pay more attention than he does.

DH's dad graduated from Georgia Tech, so we cheer for Tech.  There are lots of family connections to Georgia in DH's family (his mom's family lived in the Atlanta area several times) so we cheer for UGA unless they are playing Tech. DH taught at UGA for one year, though, and that year he quietly cheered for UGA when they played Tech (and didn't tell his dad).

We also cheer for the U of MN since we live in MN and for San Jose St since that's where DH went to college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)