Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd Grader Terrorizing Other Students at School. (news story)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:57 PM
  • 27 Replies

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/10/07/parents-students-say-3rd-grader-terrorizing-mount-diablo-elementary-school/

CLAYTON (CBS SF) — Some parents at an elementary school in the Contra Costa County have stopped sending their kids to class because they say the school has become dangerous because of a third grader.

Students and parents at Mount Diablo Elementary School in Clayton say one child is terrorizing the entire school.

“He punched someone in the stomach, and then he ran into the bathroom and locked the door.  And then he threw the trash can at the bathroom door,” student Chantelle Crankson said.

Chantelle says the boy even threw rocks, and other things at students and teachers.

“It makes me really scared because sometimes he runs around the whole school, and if he sees you looking at him, he’ll run up and scream in your face,” Chantelle said.

Parents say the disruptive and violent behavior has forced the principal to lock down all classrooms on campus a few times, most recently on Monday.

“She told us to get inside and lock your door,” third grader Lily said.

Parent Tara Lesage pulled Lily out of school the last two days; about 30 other parents have done the same.

“Just want the board to listen, the district to listen, to just make a healthy and safe learning environment for everyone,” Lesage said.

Many parents complain the district has done little to fix the problem, saying the school hasn’t even sent out a letter about bullying.

“I know a lot of kids are nervous about being in the classroom, and are hesitant to go to school, and that’s not an okay situation,” Parent Courtney Thearle said.

The parents say that if the district can help calm the boy down, it will fix the problem for everyone.  The district declined to comment on the situation, saying they are addressing the parents’ concerns.

Figured I'd post this before The Stir gets their paws on it. Thoughts?  Just to avoid confusion, this didn't happen where I live, it's not my kid's school.  A friend posted it on Facebook.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Good grief... 

I get that public school is available to everyone and should be...however, it should also be a safe place while the children are there. Something needs to be done about the little devil before he gets hurt because someone fights back or someone is hurt by him. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:08 PM

I sure hope they get something figured out. One kid can't and shouldn't be allowed to make school scary for all the rest.

STVUstudent
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

this is not "bullying" behavior.  This sounds like a child with severe emotional problems.  The school needs to be taking a stronger stance with the parents and if he is out of control in school, he needs to be OUT of school.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Quoting GwenMB:

I sure hope they get something figured out. One kid can't and shouldn't be allowed to make school scary for all the rest.

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If this child is as big as disruption as the article is saying, then he needs to be removed.  

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM

He would need to be removed or ina room that he cannot leave on his own at all, maybe with a big burly male teacher. My child would not be subjected to that. I might even go as far as to attend classes with my child to make a point.

I hope somebody gets the family some help as it sounds like a very bad situation.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

It sounds to me like that child has some serious issues. I get that all kids have a right to an education, but not all kids should be mainstreamed, especially if they pose a threat/danger to the rest of the students and the staff/faculty.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:28 PM
I agree. Why is he allowed to do this?

Quoting STVUstudent:

this is not "bullying" behavior.  This sounds like a child with severe emotional problems.  The school needs to be taking a stronger stance with the parents and if he is out of control in school, he needs to be OUT of school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM

mom2jessnky, I like your new profile picture. good

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM

That kid needs to be pulled from school until the issues with him are resolved or controlled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)