Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child has depression

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
Please message me separately. I have some concerns and questions I want ask your advice on privately. Thank you.

I have a 10 yo boy and I need help.
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM

No advice, sorry, but here's a BUMP.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I would suggest that you talk to his doctor if you suggest depression.  His doctor can refer you to a good therapist.  Depression is nothing to fool around with.

No, my child doesn't have depression, but I suffer from a form of it during the winter months.

jky_67
by Jane on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:40 PM
I have and am in the process of getting him a therapist (they're going on strike w/my HMO!)

Quoting steelcrazy:

I would suggest that you talk to his doctor if you suggest depression.  His doctor can refer you to a good therapist.  Depression is nothing to fool around with.

No, my child doesn't have depression, but I suffer from a form of it during the winter months.

Pukalani79
by on Nov. 17, 2015 at 1:03 AM
I messaged you
wife-4-life
by on Nov. 17, 2015 at 2:22 AM
How do you treat your seasonal depression. I'm seeing my dr on Wednesday but I think I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). This is like the 4th year I've been depressed starting in the fall when our sun goes away (I'm in NE WA state).

Quoting steelcrazy:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 7:33 AM

Sun lamps/bright light.  Mine doesn't start until January normally.  All the pretty shininess of the holidays are over and everything is just so dark.  Dark in the morning, dark in the evening, dark all the time.  It seems silly, but getting exposure to bright light for several hours a day really helps, especially first thing in the morning.

Quoting wife-4-life: How do you treat your seasonal depression. I'm seeing my dr on Wednesday but I think I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). This is like the 4th year I've been depressed starting in the fall when our sun goes away (I'm in NE WA state).
Quoting steelcrazy:

wife-4-life
by on Nov. 17, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Makes sense. My friend who has it, has to do light therapy with a special light. She was the one who suggested I see my dr about how I'm feeling. And getting my vitamin levels checked.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Sun lamps/bright light.  Mine doesn't start until January normally.  All the pretty shininess of the holidays are over and everything is just so dark.  Dark in the morning, dark in the evening, dark all the time.  It seems silly, but getting exposure to bright light for several hours a day really helps, especially first thing in the morning.

Quoting wife-4-life: How do you treat your seasonal depression. I'm seeing my dr on Wednesday but I think I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). This is like the 4th year I've been depressed starting in the fall when our sun goes away (I'm in NE WA state).

Quoting steelcrazy:

jky_67
by Jane on Nov. 17, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Great idea about getting light. Thanks.

Quoting wife-4-life: Makes sense. My friend who has it, has to do light therapy with a special light. She was the one who suggested I see my dr about how I'm feeling. And getting my vitamin levels checked.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)