Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's happening next year!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Max
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

I've been working with a third grader after school trying to get him ready for fourth grade next year. His grandma already told me she's going to ask for him to be in my class. 

Yesterday afternoon another staff member mentioned that his mom went to our school. As soon as she said the mom's name it hit me... I taught his mom. I looked back at the class pictures and sure enough she was in my class my second year teaching. 

I taught one of my son's classmate's father. I thought he would be first child of a student I might teach. I also thought I had a couple of more years before I'd be an old woman! 

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:42 PM
Nah! They just popping out kids much younger these days...
jean_marie1987
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:44 PM
I agree ^^
Pukalani79
by on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:38 AM
:) The guy who gives my son drum lessons was my band teacher my senior year in high school. He is only a few years older than me, but he said he always knew this would happen one day.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:07 AM

You're not old! You're experienced. ;-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Some people are but that's certainly not the norm these days.

When my mom had me having a kid in your early 20's was totally normal. When my oldest was in Kindergarten I got asked at LEAST once a week if I was her older sister or nanny. I was the only mom in that class that wasn't in their late 30's to mid 40's. It seems that the "norm" these days is waiting until you see menopause walking down the street to have kids.

Quoting kmrtigger: Nah! They just popping out kids much younger these days...

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I won't have the opportunity to make any of my previous teachers feel old, many of them aren't teaching anymore, and we don't live in my hometown. LOL.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:48 PM

You're not old- you are like a fine wine and aged to perfection ; )

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:05 PM
One of the Spanish teachers from my private hs I went to now teaches at the hs my dd2 will be going to next year. I find that awkward
ljmom24
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:16 PM

My third grade teacher is a reading teacher now at my kids school and she has my littke one. I was really surprised she recognized me all these years later but years ago when my oldest was in a meeting she came up to me. I'd seen her before but it hadnt clicked who she was until she came up to me as we don't live in same city I grew up in. 

foltzy
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:23 PM
My son had my first grade teacher as his. My daughter has a few teachers I had and her principle was my gym teacher. It happens. I was 24 when she was born so I wasn't that young.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)