Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever have one of those CM moments IRL?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Max
  • 24 Replies

As soon as this happened my first thought was, "I have to post this on CM!" I forgot until now. But here it is. 

A couple of weeks ago I was at the grocery story. There was a boy (looked maybe 6ish) at the end of isle yelling, "Mom! Mom, come here!" I couldn't tell if was scared or annoyed, but he was yelling. There were a couple of women in the isle we were in but neither of them looked up or acknowledged him. He then went to the next isle over and kept yelling "Mom!"  

I followed him and after he'd yelled at least 6 times I asked him if he lost his mom. He just said, "No" and yelled for her again. Then he walked back to the first isle we were in. So I asked if he knew where she was. He wouldn't look at me or stop walking. He just said yes and yelled for her again. So I followed him up the isle. When he called mom again I asked where she was. One of the women that had been in the first isle the whole time said, "I'm right here! He told you he knew where he was." I guess he was trying to get her to come look at something on the next isle. 

She was totally annoyed at me! After seeing him talk to her I think he was much older than I thought. He might have been more like 9 or 10. Both of them glared at me like I was a kidnapper. (If I ever did want to kidnap a kid it wouldn't be one who screamed at the grocery store) 

I said, "Sorry, he kept calling so I wanted to make sure he was OK." She snapped, "Well, obviously he is!"

Sheesh lady! Maybe if your kid wasn't yelling up and down the isle or if you answered him when he called for you or if he just simply pointed you out when I asked this would have been a little simpler. 

So here's my question. Would you want a stranger to check on your child in a store or would you be annoyed?

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  That certainly was a CM moment.  In fact I think I read about it from the other side in MC.  lol  J/K

Honestly, I would want someone to check on my kid if they were yelling for me.  Then again, I would have answered him after the first yelling spell instead of ignoring him, but that's just me.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

It wouldn't surprise me if I found a post complaining about the nosy bitch in the grocery store. LOL

Quoting steelcrazy:

Wow!  That certainly was a CM moment.  In fact I think I read about it from the other side in MC.  lol  J/K

Honestly, I would want someone to check on my kid if they were yelling for me.  Then again, I would have answered him after the first yelling spell instead of ignoring him, but that's just me.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Ha ha ha ha! You probably did read about it in MC. 

I would have answered as well..I wonder why she didn't... that is odd. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting steelcrazy:

I got the impression there is lots of yelling and ignoring of yelling in their relationship. LOL

Allysha18
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:14 PM
I would of snapped back at her about acknowledging her kid when he's walking around yelling for her.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:14 PM
Bump
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting steelcrazy:

I got the impression there is lots of yelling and ignoring of yelling in their relationship. LOL

Probably so since she can't be bothered to respond until another adult speaks to her kiddo. What a goober. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM

I might be annoyed if everything happened in one aisle (but why she never answered would have anyone wondering what was up), but given how many aisles he was looking in, you were definitely justified in wondering. I would wonder if she was ignoring him because he was demanding she look at too many things. I can get ignoring a child who is being too demanding, but a public place isn't the best place for that.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally get why she wasn't running over to look at what he wanted her to. But she should have told him to stop yelling. 

My kids are still younger, but they are right by me. I can't imagine letting my child yell to me from an isle away. 

Quoting GwenMB:

I might be annoyed if everything happened in one aisle (but why she never answered would have anyone wondering what was up), but given how many aisles he was looking in, you were definitely justified in wondering. I would wonder if she was ignoring him because he was demanding she look at too many things. I can get ignoring a child who is being too demanding, but a public place isn't the best place for that.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:32 PM

My oldest is 9, I'd let him go to the next aisle (assuming he was willing). I wouldn't let him go to the next isle as I'd be concerned about the risk of drowning. ;)  Regardless, though, I wouldn't ignore him if he was yelling for me.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I totally get why she wasn't running over to look at what he wanted her to. But she should have told him to stop yelling. 

My kids are still younger, but they are right by me. I can't imagine letting my child yell to me from an isle away. 

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)