Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's leaving early for this

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:48 PM
  • 20 Replies

I  live in PA and several of the presidential candidates will be giving speeches in the state tomorrow. I found out one candidate will be in my city giving a speech so I'm going to pull ds out of school an hour early so he can go. I think it will be a great learning experience for him and am really excited. He's in fifth grade

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:49 PM
That's great!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:52 PM

That sounds like a great idea to me.  Have fun and be safe.

Since I'm in PA, that same candidate will be in my area too.  Actually driving past my work on the way to the rally location from the airport.  

anotherandree
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:57 PM
I think that's great!!
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Quoting steelcrazy:

That sounds like a great idea to me.  Have fun and be safe.

Since I'm in PA, that same candidate will be in my area too.  Actually driving past my work on the way to the rally location from the airport.  

Ds and I are both excited. Neither one of us has ever been to a rally before. I figure it'll be more educational then recess and whatever else he'll miss that last hour. I'm hoping we can get in though since I'm sure people will be lining up hours before hand. As it is I had to beg to get off work 45 minutes earlier than scheduled so I can go

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Have a great time! I agree with you that it is an educational opportunity. As a family, we went to see 6 presidential candidates and DH saw a 7th by himself (it didn't work for the boys and I to go). I even took them out of school for half a day for one of the rallies.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:50 AM

I hope he learns a lot!

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Yes, I certainly would! Hope it goes well!
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:08 PM

While I'm usually not a fan of pulling kids out of school for things other than appts, I think that's a good reason to do so. I hope he enjoys it.

If I thought I could've tolerated it, and thought my boys could keep their smartaleck comments to themselves, I might have considered pulling them out when Trump was in Indianapolis yesterday. Both boys are smart enough to realize that none of the choices are great ones, and like to crack jokes about Trump, Clinton, and Sanders. Might not have gone over well. . .

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the first time I have ever pulled him out early. During the two hours we spent in line we talked about different candidates, voting, etc.
It was cool because the candidate gave second speech because the first room was full and ds was right against the rope

Quoting wakymom:

While I'm usually not a fan of pulling kids out of school for things other than appts, I think that's a good reason to do so. I hope he enjoys it.

If I thought I could've tolerated it, and thought my boys could keep their smartaleck comments to themselves, I might have considered pulling them out when Trump was in Indianapolis yesterday. Both boys are smart enough to realize that none of the choices are great ones, and like to crack jokes about Trump, Clinton, and Sanders. Might not have gone over well. . .

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:41 PM
That's really cool

Quoting GwenMB: Have a great time! I agree with you that it is an educational opportunity. As a family, we went to see 6 presidential candidates and DH saw a 7th by himself (it didn't work for the boys and I to go). I even took them out of school for half a day for one of the rallies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)