Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's mothers' day today

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM
  • 13 Replies

Just checking how you all feel today especially as a single mom.

I try so hard to not be too hard on myself eventhough I am still. 

Motherhood to me is like a chase in the dark where you have no clues, insights but using your strong imaginations to swim through each day with lots and lots of options (some work out and some don't). Then afterwards or even at every slightest accomplishment, you feel soooo rewarded.

My 7yr old gave me a painted picture with lots of mis spelt words trying to express how he feels towards me... BEST MOM'S DAY EVER!!.

How is your mother's day turning out?

by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Those are the BEST gifts. Especially when you see how proud and excited they are to give you their gift!

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with your little guy.

Quoting flymommy1:

Just checking how you all feel today especially as a single mom.

I try so hard to not be too hard on myself eventhough I am still. 

Motherhood to me is like a chase in the dark where you have no clues, insights but using your strong imaginations to swim through each day with lots and lots of options (some work out and some don't). Then afterwards or even at every slightest accomplishment, you feel soooo rewarded.

My 7yr old gave me a painted picture with lots of mis spelt words trying to express how he feels towards me... BEST MOM'S DAY EVER!!.

How is your mother's day turning out?

stykir
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:45 AM
My daughter finally learned how to keep a secret and has been holding in what they got me all week, so she was ready to burst and talked daddy and brother into giving me my gifts last night lol. They picked a couple of my favorite candies and some nail polish and a gift basket they liked and some flowers. My daughter had made a painting in school and a card and a little booklet and my son picked a card at the store. They were so excited to give it to me so I feel loved :)
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:55 AM

I have to work today. I don't generally pay much attention to Mother's Day, it's just not a big deal to me.

My kids baked cupcakes last night, and specifically set one aside for me with a card, which is sweet.

Impressionists
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM
She made me the best, most beautiful card. She gave me several other small presents and a store-bought card, as well. She arranged them all beautifully on the table-imitating me on Easter morning! Great day.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM
My Mother's Day is going great.
horcruxnumber8
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM
It's good. Dh and Ds bought me books and a card that sings when you open it and chocolate. I would have been totally fine without anything but a happy Mother's Day greeting.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Eh, it isn't a holiday that I celebrate so its just a typical Sunday around here.

mommy053008
by Maria on May. 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Both my girls (4yrs and 7yrs) told me they wanted to buy me lunch :) so they put money together and bought me lunch today.
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Went good. Had to share the day with my husband since his birthday was today. I wanted to go fishing so thats what we did

Pukalani79
by on May. 9, 2016 at 1:32 AM
I had a great day. My sister and I, our kids, and Mom spent the day at the beach. I don't know the last time we did anything like that, so it was great
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)