Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 9:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

Only 4 days of school left, just 3 more lunches (per kid) to pack. The last day is short so I always just pack a couple snacks and the kids eat when they get home.

Bring on summer, and no longer having to wake up at 5:45. :-P

by on May. 30, 2016 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:58 AM
I will not miss the 5:30 wake up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyHuman
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:26 AM
I have another week to go. June 9th is the last day and that only an hour long assembly.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:44 AM

My kids only have Tue and Wed, thank goodness!  They are both beyond ready for break and it will be really hard to get them up and moving on Tue and Wed since they haven't been to school since last Wed.

Unfortunately I'm still up at 6 every day for work.

Khooks
by Jessica on May. 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM
We have until the 17th :(
GodsAmiga
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:54 AM

My kiddo doesn't wake up until between 8-9:30 but I'm still looking forward to summer! My 7 year old only has this week left (my 6 year old has been finished for a while). Mon-Thursday with regular work and then Friday will be the remaining crafts. I'm excited for a couple months where I just get to be the mom and not the teacher, too. :-) 

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 11:04 AM

I don't mind getting up at 6 (or 5:45) if I happen to wake up at that time &/or I went to bed at a decent time.  It really sucks when I don't get home from work until 10pm (or later), and then I spend awhile unwinding, only to have to get up 5 1/2 hours later. UGH.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My kids only have Tue and Wed, thank goodness!  They are both beyond ready for break and it will be really hard to get them up and moving on Tue and Wed since they haven't been to school since last Wed.

Unfortunately I'm still up at 6 every day for work.

aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Us too....

Quoting Khooks: We have until the 17th :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huskermom98
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Three more days here (and the last two are early outs of 90 minutes and then 3 hours).  It's going to be hard to get us all up and moving in the morning because we've had a long weekend visiting family--the boys spent the better part of the last two days swimming at Grandpa's lake (my 11yo even tried water skiing!)

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:10 AM

The long weekend totally threw all of us off our game too.

I worked yesterday and I kept thinking it was Sunday. LOL.

Quoting huskermom98:

Three more days here (and the last two are early outs of 90 minutes and then 3 hours).  It's going to be hard to get us all up and moving in the morning because we've had a long weekend visiting family--the boys spent the better part of the last two days swimming at Grandpa's lake (my 11yo even tried water skiing!)

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:15 AM
My teens are done. The oldest graduated on Thursday. My youngest has today and tomorrow. It's bittersweet. We've been at this school for 13 years. But ready/not ready for the next chapter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)