Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who else has kids who aren't in school yet but wishes they were?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM
  • 51 Replies

Ugh. My boys don't start school until Sept 6. They are currently in their respective rooms for a time out due to fighting.

While I'm glad overall that school doesn't start until after Labor Day this year, after 6 years of it started 2 weeks before, right now I'm wishing they were starting school next week!

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:38 PM
Not me.
Here's a bump.
jamianne
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:53 PM

My kids weren't home for half the summer and they start school Monday, so I'm good.  Though I expect that by Sunday night, 8:10 Monday morning won't come soon enough!  :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Nope.. the girls have been back to school for a long time now. Of course, I can send them to their rooms in they act like goobers during school hours. 

canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:41 PM
We don't start until the 6th either, but so far the kids haven't driven me too crazy this summer. It helps that my middle ds spends hours out biking playing Pokemon Go and my oldest has been working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids go back on Sept. 7th. They have been really easy this summer. Many summers I couldn't wait for them to go back, but this year at ages 16, 12, and 11 I'm not in a hurry for summer to end. Also, I have to go back before they do for an in service day, so that keeps me from really wanting to rush to get back to school. The student I work with is more challenging than all 3 of my own put together. Haha.

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM
They started the 11th and I wish they were home and it was still summer vacation.
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:44 PM

They go back the 24th and I'm more than ready for them to be in school...and separated from each other!  But I'm also not ready to go back to being in a strict schedule in the morning...

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM

My kids start Sept. 1st  They haven't been too bad this summer but enough that I can't wait for the year to start.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:01 PM

They start on August 25. I'm going to miss our carefree days and having them home.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Yeah, that last night can be brutal! Everyone all hyped up anticipating school...

Quoting jamianne:

My kids weren't home for half the summer and they start school Monday, so I'm good.  Though I expect that by Sunday night, 8:10 Monday morning won't come soon enough!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)