• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids friends?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM
  • 36 Replies

I was reading an old article about a set of twins that were born holding hands. Twins generally have a closer bond than regular siblings, but it got me thinking about all siblings.

I am not very close with my siblings. We get along, are friendly and of course love each other but we are by no means close or what I would consider friends.  My kids however are very close and are each others bestfriends. 

Are your kids close to each other? Are they 'friends'?

Do you have good relationships with your siblings? Are you 'friends' with your sibs?

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:48 AM

My siblings and I only get along because we don't live anywhere near each other and don't talk that often. My sister and I are 6yrs apart but our kids are the same age so it's getting easier for us but some days it's just better we don't talk.

My kids are 20mos apart and are besties. We live on an acreage and none of their friends live near enough for them to just hang out with. So they grew up just being each others playmate and bestfriend. This isn't always ideal the older they get but that's how it goes when the closest friends are a 15-20min drive from us.

mrsniebo
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:00 AM
My older two are two and a half years apart, but are close in size. They are very close and play together well for the most part. My youngest is 13 months old, so she doesn't really play with them yet.

I get along well with my younger sister and would consider her a friend. My older sister and I have a strained relationship, but we're at least at a point where we can be cordial.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:03 AM

My siblings and I are all very close. 

My kids I won't really know until they grow up but right now they get along pretty well. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:13 AM

They get along but also fight like siblings do.

I'm just friends with my siblings. I was really close to one of my sisters a long time ago. Before she started drinking a lot. Know we are not that close any more. Three of them are. They have no kids, party and drink quit often. Not my style of life. So we just rarely hang out anymore.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM

My boys get along very well.  I would consider them friends, they may have a different opinion on that though.  lol

My sister and I are very good friends and we always have been.  I am only 17 months older than her though, so I don't remember life without her and can't imainge it either.  My brother is 10 years younger, and we are not close at all.  He lives 2,000 miles away and rarely calls, texts, or visits.

Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM
My sister and I fought constantly growing up but now we are best friends. We text all day when we're not busy and FaceTime every day. We are 18mo apart.

My kids are 1yo and almost 7yo and opposite sex so I don't see them having a lot in common but I hope they can at least be there for each other.
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Mine are close, they're 15 months apart. 

My brother and I haven't spoken in years. I have no idea how to get ahold of him. He made his choices though and I have to respect that. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Most of the time. They are 8 and almost 11 year old girls. LOL 

My brother is 9 years older than I am. While we are pretty close and adore each other, it's not like we hang out much. He lives a couple of hours away. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Northern.Maple
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM

My brother and I do not speak or really see each other, unless he is at my moms house if he is in town. He lives about 8 hours away. My kids hate each other and are not friends in anyway, constant fighting between them. One day it will be different.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM
My boys get along, and I consider them friends.
My younger sister and I are eight years apart. We are not close and we are not friends. I do wish we were friends, she is the only sibling I have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)