Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: What is the hardest part of weight loss for you?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:47 AM
  • 22 Replies

What is the hardest part for you?

For me, it used to be losing motiviation when I didn't see the results. I have definitely progressed since then. NOW it is the meal prep. I get so tired of it. Sometimes I just want to say 'eff it' but then that means that when I get busy during the week and pressed for time, it will be take out galore. 

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madeupwords
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Motivation. I gained 50lbs and can't seems to find the get-up-and-go state of mind that I used to. I used to exercise daily. I was 10 lbs away from my goal weight and down to a size 10. Depression got the best of me. Dh isn't helping either. Any advice on meal plans?
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Nothing right know. A year ago. It was the fact I wasn't losing anything. So I saw a nutritionist. We talked about what I ate and she felt counting carbs was the best thing for me. I had lost 20lbs before that cutting down what I ate and exercising but that wasn't enough. As soon as I cut out lots of carbs. I started to see results. I lost 55lb and holding steady where my Dr and nutritionist are happy at. Depression is what got to me. It wasn't till after I dealt with it that I realized I gained quite a bit of weight. So I took care of it. I know in the future it can happen again. Hoping it won't since I have found out I'm diabetic and need to keep track of my carbs. Only time will tell.  

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM

For me it is sticking with exercising.  I have always had a fairly good diet and rarely snack at night.  I just lack motivation/desire to exercise.  I've lost 32 lbs since the beginning of May by cutting waaaaayyyy back on alcohol, eliminating Starbucks and exercising regularly.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

These days? Exercise. I've been very limited since my stroke last month. I've lost 12 lbs in the past month though just through diet changes. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:52 PM
Getting frustrated over the slow progress and just giving up.
Thewife06
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Finding a time to work out. It's just hard because I'm a stay at home mom and the baby is always around, then when it's time to get dinner going everyone comes home and my husband doesn't like feeling 'kicked out' of the living room for half an hour to an hour while I work out. It's just UGH.
belle2780
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Energy to do it, I have the motivation but I deal with sleep apnea and secondary idiopathic intercranial hypertension. My doc said with the sleep apnea it's a catch 22, it makes you gain weight but you need to lose weight to help the issue. At most in my own I can drop 30 pounds but it slowly creeps back on. I finally broke down and just got a cpap machine. I am hoping it will relieve some of my IIH symptoms since lack of sleep triggered it. I have dealt with sleep issues all of my life because I rarely get a Rem cycle. Multiple studies have shown this before I had sleep apnea. I hit stage 4 where the dreams should start but mine never come. Though occasionally I get one during the day but it's because I have been up 24 hours and need a quick nap.
mama_danetta
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM
Snacking kills me. I'm one of those people who can always eat, and I'm really bad about munching when I'm bored. And when I do well, I get frustrated that I can't see changes right away.
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:23 PM
Motivation and the fact I'm a junkfoodaholic. My work meal literally consists of chocolate, chips, and candy. If I bring real food it's the talk of the day. Lol
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Sugar. Sugar. and definitely sugar.

I can do good at excercising (especially since I work at a gym in the child care area...) and I can do OK with most of my eating when I take the time to plan and prep, but I have such a bad sweet tooth that I can't seem to lose very much.  I just can't seem to take the plunge and eliminate sugar completely...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)