• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Head colds and lice alreay....geesh!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

So after barely two weeks of school, kids and hubby were sick all labor day weekend. And then my eldest reported her head was itchy last night. Well, of course, it had to be lice (insert eye roll). 

So I have done the treatment, combed her hair, checked her sister, washed all things possible, bagged all things not washable, vaccumed, boiled hair brushes and hair ties, and so on. I'm well aware of how to break the cycle, and stay on top of it. I just didn't expect it to smack us in the face this early on. Grrrrr.

I hope eveyone else has a better start to the school year than us!!! Thanks for letting me vent :)

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Ewwww! So glad I haven't had to deal with lice - it really sounds awful. I hope this is the end of it for you!

My 4th grader has been dealing with allergies for the last 4 weeks. He actually ended up on antibiotics because his cough/nasal drainage from it has gone on for so long. Luckily, it doesn't slow him down at all.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:13 PM

That sucks!  The stomach bug is going full force here.  Well not at my house, but in my area.  I had one co-worker out last week with it and another one out this week.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Ugh. What a way to start the school year.

We've had colds already. Ds1 has actually come home early twice already (cold/allergies combined with exhaustion), and this is only our 5th week of school.

midjet117
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Aww, that sucks. Usuially I just soak my kids heads with rubbing alcohol. Then comb through to get the dead ones out. My 2 oldest havent had lice in a while, thank goodness, but my youngest kept getting it from her best friend until I told the vice principal that I would like it if they had the whole class checked because the time before that the teacher made it seem like only my daughters head was checked. 

deccaf
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM
I got hit with a five day stomach virus in my kindergartener. I'll trade.
littlestarsmum
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:12 AM

Awww... That must have been a tough job for you. My lil one came home twice like that. Hope everything goes well with you and your family. Hugs & prayers!  

creamnsugar227
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:27 AM

5 day stomach flu for a kinder sounds aweful. I hope you survived that in one piece! 
I informed the school about the lice, and I don't know what they do with the information, except tell me they want to check my daugthers hair. What ever.  

HisUsmcWifey
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Ewww!
I use a lice preventative on my girls every time I bathe them, my oldest has hair down to her lower back so I'm not about to deal with a nit comb in that much hair. I'm so happy in all the years of changing schools that we've never had lice and my DD hasn't been sick in 6 years!
seaturtle1
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You can use a water bottle with 5 drops of tea tree oil in it.  Lice do not like tea tree.  Just give there hair and scalp a mist before they leave for school.

kristlati
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:55 AM

We have not had to deal with lice yet!!!  Thankfully!!!  

But this nasty chest cold has us all under the weather!  I hate when the kids go back to school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)