Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chuck E Cheese

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:35 PM
  • 45 Replies

I have a dd15, ds8 and dd7 so we have been to that little special part of hell aka Chuck E Cheese. 

As a mom of younger kids, what would you think of a teen having a party at a place meant for younger kids? DD15 was invited to a friends party at Chuck E Cheese today. The friend is turning 17. Apparently there are about  dozen kids, both boys and girls, attending this party. I will not be letting dd15 (who thinks the idea is lame to begin with) go. As a parent of younger kids I would be upset to see a group of teens there. Teens aren't bad but they aren't always appropriate for younger kids whether it be conversation topics, language or even behavior. DD is going to catch up with her friends at the second of 4 party locations. It is a progressive party. 

Am I the only one who would have a problem with ths?

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:46 PM

I hate Chuck E. Cheese, I actually renamed it "Chuck E. Germ Fest", but if my DD wanted celebrate a friend's birthday and the party was there, then she would have no choice. It's the birthday person's choice how they want to celebrate and DD was invited because of the friend's desire to have them celebrate with them. If this friend is a meaningful person in DD's life, then she would have to suck up the lameness of its starting location, be there for the friendship and not make a selfish choice by skipping the first location. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Well considering that the boys and I hate CEC and haven't been there in over 10 years ...  

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:54 PM
I have no issues with where a kid or any age wants to have a party. My older kids quite enjoy playing video games at CEC when we take the younger kids. They even enjoy the pizza.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think if. 17 yo wants to celebrate a birthday at CEC, it's probably for sentimental reasons and inappropriate behavior wouldn't be a concern for me. I'd let my kids go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:54 PM

As a mom with younger children I would be put off by it. I view CEC as a place they can go to have fun. I would not be happy if there were teens talking inappropriately etc. That would take it from being family friendly in my eyes. 

I guess I am just a fuddy duddy who thinks not all venues are appropriate for all people. Example, I also found it wildly inappropriate that my cousin had his dd7 bday party at a bar that had a video game room. In my eyes alcohol and kids don't mix. 

Oh, and it was there because the girl works there. She got 75% off the pizza because it was her birthday. 

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM
Well seeing as i can drop and run with a teen at a party wouldn't phase me. I hate CEC but it's not my kid not my kids party. I wouldn't worry about behavior either. I know my teens group and it wouldn't be a behavior issue.
Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:12 PM
If they were acting roudy I'm sure someone would complain and get them kicked out. If it were my kid I would suggest Dave and busters.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be ok with my teen going to a party there. I'd just strongly remind him to keep things age-appropriate because of all the younger kids there. And I wouldn't mind seeing teens there if I were there with younger kids, as long as they weren't causing problems.

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:37 PM

I guess I might think differently if I knew the kids well. I know the jr highers I worked with in IN would be fine. I dont' know her new friends well enough and she doesn't even know all the kids invited. I suppose I am assuming the worst. Plan for the worst, hope for the best is usually my game plan so I don't get blindsided. 

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:04 PM
Isn't Chuck E. Cheese pizza and video games? Sorry we don't have one here. I don't see anything wrong with a teen that likes pizza and video games, seems pretty normal to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)