Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd traumatized the admins at school yesterday!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM
  • 27 Replies

Back story, a couple of years ago, my dd's friend passed away from sudden death caused my his asthma. It was right before Christmas and it was just awful. We all still miss his smiling face.

Well, Dd also has asthma and she had the worst asthma attack of her life yesterday at school. She couldn't breathe and had a hard time taking her rescue inhaler. The principal herself called me at home and I headed right up there with instructions to call 911 if she started turning blue or passed out. Thankfully, she was able to get in some rescue meds and I was able to just bring her home. I then put her in the bathroom with the door shut and the shower on high heat for the steam. This loosened up her chest considerably and I also pushed fluids all night because she was dehydrated.

She is doing much better today and went back to school. The principal emailed me in the middle of the night to check on her and then checked on her throughout the day. I love their small school and the family atmosphere they have. 

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM
3 moms liked this

How awesome to have a school that cares!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

How scary! I'm glad she's ok now. And how sweet of the principal to check on her.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Asthma SUCKS. I hate it
I'm sorry about her friend, very traumatizing. :(

I'm glad she is OK. And what a great school she is at. They handled that extremely well and it is nice to see such care given to the students.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Thanks ladies it was so scary but it feels good to know they are at a school where everyone cares so much. 

liss05
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Gosh how scary!!!!!! Glad she is feeling better today.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
So scary! I'm very glad to hear her school takes it seriously!

My sister has asthma and, prior to quitting for many reasons, was a college cheerleader. Her coach one time told her to "cut the dramatic breathing" and keep running. People don't often give asthma the credit it deserves for being as deadly as it can be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Yeah, her basketball coach last year said that to her once and I question quickly disabused him of that notion. 

Quoting beadingmom17: So scary! I'm very glad to hear her school takes it seriously! My sister has asthma and, prior to quitting for many reasons, was a college cheerleader. Her coach one time told her to "cut the dramatic breathing" and keep running. People don't often give asthma the credit it deserves for being as deadly as it can be!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

So scary! I'm glad the school is so caring and even more glad she's doing well now!

Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
How sweet the school cares! My son was med flighted to the hospital in picu and when I called the school they were like "okay I'll tell his teacher he won't be in" granted he was a new student but they literally had no empathy. Even when I emailed the teacher for makeup work no one had told her. She got the class to make cards. The office still didn't say shit when I wine to pick up his work.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM

She has been hospitalized 5 times in her life with twice being at this school. They always send her cards and work to get her caught up on missing work. It is a K-8 school that has about 400 students. Everyone knows pretty much everyone and I am there a lot so they all know me by my first name. 

Quoting Khooks: How sweet the school cares! My son was med flighted to the hospital in picu and when I called the school they were like "okay I'll tell his teacher he won't be in" granted he was a new student but they literally had no empathy. Even when I emailed the teacher for makeup work no one had told her. She got the class to make cards. The office still didn't say shit when I wine to pick up his work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)