• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I applied to college

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
So my life sucks. I had a decent job but it wasn't enough to pay for child care. My mom watched my 3 kids till she passed away, after that I had to quit because I would have spent my whole pay check on child care. I was babysitting over the summer but now that school started I only have one child that I put on the bus. My bfs job sucks his checks had voices a few times his direct deposit had been late a few times, he's too lazy to find a better job. I'm sick of being with him, sick of depending on him. Next year my youngest goes to school full time. I planned to get a part time job if I couldn't get more kids to babysit. However tonight I've had enough of him and I decided to just go ahead and apply to our local community college. I've been on the fence about try to go back and what I would do. For now I plan to take classes to earn an accounting certificate, because it's online, I think in may be able to take online some of what I need for the actual degree, then maybe when dd is in school I will have time to go to real classes and I can switch my major.
Hopefully I can get financial aid and I need to buy myself a computer, but I'm excited to take a step in the right direction! Just wanted to tell someone!
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Awesome!
It is a great step in the right direction.
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:36 PM
Online schooling is fabulous! IMO, you can never go wrong with an education.
Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Good for you! I hope it all works out for you 💗
Sydel
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 1:11 PM

I'm glad you are taking charge of the situation and going back to school. But I can't help but inqurie about state funded daycare. Was that never an option? I was a single mom when I had my oldest and I would not have been able to work or go to college had it not been for the daycare assistance provided. I still had to pay but it was only a portion of the cost.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Good for you!

stargaze281
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 4:29 PM

sorry you are struggling, :(( But have faith, you can do this. This will make you stronger. I think it's awful daycare is so expensive, how is a mother supposed to make enough to cover daycare costs and other expenses??? It's tough!

loves2readYA
by on Oct. 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM

Good for you! I'm so glad you're taking positive steps in the right direction. It's nice to be able to rely on yourself. You're also setting a good example for your kids.

Thanks so much for sharing your good news. I wish you lots of luck!

mattsmate
by Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Good job, momma!  You can make this happen. It sounds like you should totally be eligible for financial aid and getting a computer. Btw, you can find a laptop for under $300 and that should be sufficient. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)