Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strike two...update

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:48 AM
  • 17 Replies

On yds progress report was a request to meet. I work full time so mornings work best and this isn't our first go around at the rodeo and morning meetings before school have never been an issue. I work late on Tuesday's so I said I'd prefer Tuesday but any morning. 2 days later I get a hand written note to sign saying we would meet at 7:45 on nov 1st. My oldest has to be in there at that time so we just all leave at same time and I arranged to have mil stay with yds. Get there and she's not there ok running late I get that. 15 min later still no show. So go and check in the office they hadn't seen here.

Now she already left a questionable impression and open house. Also I get things come up but omg you have a parent coming on and you are running late or out let the office know so when I get there I'm not hanging around for 15 min for someone not showing. If I had a work meeting she out or running late and didn't call ahead to tell my boss I'd get a nice talking to. It's just not professional.

update....get message from teacher "I must have missed you by 5 min" um ok but i left 15 min after meeting time but whatever, its only November and with her until late June so going to take the high road right now and calmly reschedule.

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you, that is completely unprofessional and it should be addressed by the principal or lead teacher for the grade level.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:08 AM

Totally unprofessional, I would definitely say something to the principal.

Sydel
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:16 AM

I would be livid. I'd go down to the office and demand to speak to the principal.

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:20 AM
Giving benefit of doubt and waiting for her side

Quoting steelcrazy:

I agree with you, that is completely unprofessional and it should be addressed by the principal or lead teacher for the grade level.

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Sadly principal isn't much better. She hasn't responded to an email I sent in September. Then again think she is still amazed at how the internet works. Hopefully she retires soon

Quoting mom2jessnky:

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh she's her own special hot mess case. Really should retire. I will see what teacher has to say but she might get the pleasure of dealing with dh. He's not as patient or understanding

Quoting Sydel:

I would be livid. I'd go down to the office and demand to speak to the principal.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:27 AM

Might be time to escalate matters. At the District Office we have a director of student services and that is who you complain at before going above him to the Superintendent.

Quoting ljmom24: Sadly principal isn't much better. She hasn't responded to an email I sent in September. Then again think she is still amazed at how the internet works. Hopefully she retires soon
Quoting mom2jessnky:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Oh.. yikes! It sounds like you are up the crick with both of them.. maybe the District office if the teacher does not tell you something about missing the meeting? Good luck. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:19 AM
I live next door to my ward city council person. I don't know my new school committee rep very well (loved the old one) but she does since they represent the same ward so I did email my neighbor for the school conmittee persons contact. My only worry about escalating is basically the city answer to school issues in cases like ours where we aren't in our neighborhood school they will just try to get us to switch. Lots of changes and issues city wide and an interim superintendent to boot. It's going to be a long long year

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Might be time to escalate matters. At the District Office we have a director of student services and that is who you complain at before going above him to the Superintendent.

Quoting ljmom24: Sadly principal isn't much better. She hasn't responded to an email I sent in September. Then again think she is still amazed at how the internet works. Hopefully she retires soon

Quoting mom2jessnky:

ljmom24
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:26 AM
I'm just realizing how messed up our schools are this year. It's an interuim superintendent, the budget is a mess, classes over crowded. Guess if tescher missing a meeting is my biggest issue this year I'm lucky but it's only November and we've been in school just over 2 months and I fear it's going to be a LONG LONG year.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Oh.. yikes! It sounds like you are up the crick with both of them.. maybe the District office if the teacher does not tell you something about missing the meeting? Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)