Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's that time of year..

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
That I start feeling burnt out with packing the same things for lunch every week.

Share your go to lunches or ideas 😋
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:28 PM

I do a main meal, like left overs or something I can make easy in large quanities like pad thai or sushi or a wrap, a vegetable side, a small fruit like a few berries or half a banana, and sometimes a treat like cheese and crackers.

2grateful
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
We do "roll ups" tortilla with cream cheese, cheese and turkey or ham all rolled up. Or veggies cut up bell peppers (all colors), carrots, celery, cucumbers. Beef jerky with cheese sticks, plain pasta noodles with butter and parm. Always some kind of fruit (they love all fruit). Sandwiches. Soup at hand. Jello cups. Good luck I feel burnt out sometimes as well.
RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:59 AM

my kids like the same 2 sandwiches. Bologna or hard salami. Then I have a cabinet with single serve chips, applesauce pouches, pudding cups, goldfish, muddy buddies, cookies, pb crackers, breadsticks with cheese, apple chips and granola bars. In the fridge I have apples with caramel and carrots with ranch. I have gogurts in the freezer. Plus we always have fresh fruit. Cuties are a favorite. I pretty much keep all of this all the  time. They each pick 3-4 things to put in with their sandwich. 

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids like the same lunch all the time so while I get the dullness, I do also like the mindlessness needed to get them made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 10:19 AM

My kids pack their own lunches. LOL.

Before I grocery shop I ask them for their lists of what they're packing for lunch & snack. This past week youngest did mini bagels with cream cheese, banana, pretzels with a PB (snack), apple juice, and fruit snacks. Both kids also take a water bottle for throughout the day.

Oldest did: meat and cheese rollups, a Halo orange, yogurt, kind bar (snack), corn chips, and just water to drink.

emkirkley
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:26 PM

we do red beans and rice or black beans and rice in a food jar a couple times a month, sandwiches, salads, tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad, they like to take ham, turkey or chicken and cheese with crackers and make thier own "lunchables" 
leftover fried chicken or pizza, meatballs and rice or potatoes (in hot food jar), salad, boiled eggs, deviled eggs and cold green bean bundles 

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here--easy and predictable is a good thing some mornings...

Quoting coolmommy2x: My kids like the same lunch all the time so while I get the dullness, I do also like the mindlessness needed to get them made.

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM
Tuna salad, egg salad, lunch meat rolled around a string cheese, pasta salad. I did mini pizzas and wrapped them in foil but dd said they didn't stay hot. Heat up soup and put it ina thermos. Hard boiled egg, crackers, cottage cheese, any fruit, cucumbers, carrots, celery and dip/hummus.
Dd isn't big on sandwiches and sometimes like a baggel with cream cheese and fruit.
My kids buy their lunch most of the time, when I pack my son lunch he ends up forgetting I packed it and still orders lunch so I don't bother anymore lol.
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jan. 15, 2017 at 11:38 AM

Sometimes if both my kids want cold lunch I will make pizza rolls or mini corn dogs for them and put them in a thermos to keep warm till lunch.  That is very rarely though they want that.  I also did Chicken nuggets.  One dd loves having peperoni and ritz crackers for her lunch.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Ds1 likes the same thing- pb&j, chips/pretzels, a couple cookies, and a juice box.

Ds2 doesn't have a lot of variety in what he takes; GoGurt, juice box, and a couple of cookies are always in his lunch. The rest varies some: Ritz Bitz Mini Cheese Crackers, those square cheese sandwich crackers, peanut butter-filled pretzels, peanut butter with Goldfish/Cheez Its/pretzels to dip in it. On rare occasions, he'll ask for a peanut butter and pretzel sandwich, or a ham and cheese with ketchup on it (he's not much of a sandwich eater, does not like wraps, and does not like jelly).

Dd likes a wider variety. She's taken lunch meat sandwiches, jelly sandwiches (she doesn't like peanut butter), cold cheese quesadillas, cold pizzadillas (a cheese quesadilla with pizza sauce), and homemade Lunchable-type things. She also gets a Gogurt, a couple cookies, and a juice box.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)