Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids like to help you cook?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:10 AM
  • 17 Replies

My eldest has ZERO interest in being in the kitchen with me while my younger two, I have to let them smell, taste, stir, see and try and get them out of the kitchen.  I love to get them involved but I also want to get the meal on the table in a timely manner! 

Do your kids like to help you cook?

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Only the 3 year old, which is rarely helpful, lol. My 7 year old is the best table "sitter & designer I know though, haha!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM

My 11 year old will fix herself something to eat, but as helping me? Nope.. I'm not good with people being in my kitchen while I cook. I know they need to learn, but it makes me twitch having them underfoot. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Not only do I let them help, I flat out turn some meals over to dd16 to make so I have a night off. I have taught them how to use the microwave and I no longer make their lunches at home. They make them themselves. Rarely do I make breakfast, they do it. 

jamianne
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:18 AM

They both help me cook.  DS's new favorite thing is cooking shows so he's more interested in being in the kitchen than dd at the moment. 

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:21 AM

My 9 year old not so much unless there is a treat at the end of it.  BUT, my 11 year old - she love to do as much as she can.  She makes a mess and is hard to get to help clean-up, but her interest in cooking and her ability to cook for an 11 year old is awesome!  I am very proud of her.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Sometimes.

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:20 AM

funny, my dd7 loves food network. She also stops me when scrolling on facebook to watch recipe videos. DS is all about sports, DD16 is all about her social life and dd7 is all about academics and homemaking. 

Quoting jamianne:

They both help me cook.  DS's new favorite thing is cooking shows so he's more interested in being in the kitchen than dd at the moment. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Sometimes
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Yes and sometimes they have all learned how to cook meals on their own as well. 

They started helping me when they were each about 2 years old.

STVUstudent
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM

sometimes yes, sometimes no... depends on what I am cooking, honestly.  Usually the youngest is all about it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)