Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Emotional Hell Batman!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

For the love of Christmas! I love my ds9 to pieces. I tell him he is my favorite son all the time, (dd16 is my favorite oldest and dd7 is my favorite curly haired blondie) but boy was I challenged not to hang him from his toenails this morning! He was one hot emotional mess! He made a dozen PMSing girls without chocolate seem tame! I don't know what his malfunction was but he was angry, crying, having meltdowns, even his whole body was shaking. Ugh. He got so angry he was kicking doors, slamming doors, stomping on the floor, then crying pittifully and all "I hate my life" melodramatic. The wrong color towel set him off. Having to use a 1/2 cup measuring cup twice instead of a 1 cup once set him off. Only having choc chip granola bars instead of chocolate covered ones set him off. Then he got stubborn and refused to let me give him insulin, he did it himself instead (which is great but he was coming at it like he was getting back at me). I considered keeping him home because it was bad but decided the school can deal with him for a while. He shoudl calm down there. He is always worst in the comfort of his own home. I did warn the teacher about the shaking though. Nothing to worry about, just a sign of him flipping out. This thankfully doesn't happen often but when it does he really tries my patience and us parents usually have to tag team dealing with him. 

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM

I hope his day gets better. Mornings like that are very hard

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Oy, poor kid, and poor you! Hopefully he starts feeling more normal as the day progresses. We all have bad days.

Was his blood sugar okay? One of my friends has a kid with T1D and sometimes he just turns into a nightmare and it's generally related to that.

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Oh man what a rough way to start a morning.

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM
Was his sugar low or high because that can effect his mood. Or maybe he didn't get enough sleep.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM

Poor kid. Hopefully, his day has improved.

I swear there is something in the air lately. Between the full moon and lunar eclipse Friday, this past Monday being a Monday the 13th, and Valentine's Day parties in the classes yesterday, and a 4-day weekend coming up (Presidents Day and a teacher work day), the kids in the lunchroom have been in rare form.

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM

If sugar is off I can deal with that. This morning it was well within range. I gave him his ADD med adn sent him off to school. He had a good day. My father chewed him out after school in his room. I am glad we are a parenting team of 3!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Oy, poor kid, and poor you! Hopefully he starts feeling more normal as the day progresses. We all have bad days.

Was his blood sugar okay? One of my friends has a kid with T1D and sometimes he just turns into a nightmare and it's generally related to that.

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:31 PM

I dont' know what his malfunction was. He had a good 10 hours of sleep and he slept with me last night. I gave the teacher a heads up and she said he did well all day. 

Quoting MomInANutHouse: Was his sugar low or high because that can effect his mood. Or maybe he didn't get enough sleep.

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Maybe there is something in the air. My 4yr old was very mouthy and tried bossing me around today!
She was being rotten at her brothers practice and was playing a game on my phone. So I took the phone away and she pouted the whole way home....then she made a nice picture and said it was me, when I asked if she made it to say she was sorry for having an attitude she drew an 'x' through it and said she was putting it on her door and it meant I was not allowed in her room!

Quoting RaeMarie:

I dont' know what his malfunction was. He had a good 10 hours of sleep and he slept with me last night. I gave the teacher a heads up and she said he did well all day. 

Quoting MomInANutHouse: Was his sugar low or high because that can effect his mood. Or maybe he didn't get enough sleep.

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I love when kids do stuff like that to get back at us! LOL

Quoting MomInANutHouse: Maybe there is something in the air. My 4yr old was very mouthy and tried bossing me around today! She was being rotten at her brothers practice and was playing a game on my phone. So I took the phone away and she pouted the whole way home....then she made a nice picture and said it was me, when I asked if she made it to say she was sorry for having an attitude she drew an 'x' through it and said she was putting it on her door and it meant I was not allowed in her room!
Quoting RaeMarie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)