Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Uh Oh

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:59 PM
  • 30 Replies

DS bday party is Sat. We have not gotten one single rsvp back. He is getting pretty devastated. The teacher said she sent out the invites so I am not positive they went out. The teacher won't give me any contact info, only a list of first names. I am starting to feel awful for him. We have the basement room all set up for the nerf fight to end all nerf fights. I have bought 500 bullets and ordered a cake. I have bought drinks already too. I feel so bad for the kid. 

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:21 PM

I personally don't think it's the teacher's job to hand out invitations. She also can't release personal information about others to you. Your best bet would have been to have your son gather the emails, etc. With that said, if it's his first year in this school you may not get too many attendees until the parents get to know you better or you may have many just show without RSVPing. 

rebeccasmommy09
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:28 PM
I wouldn't worry too much yet. A lot of parents don't rsvp until a day or two before if at all. We just had a party for my dd a couple weeks ago and I didn't get any rsvps until maybe 3-4 days before the party and I was so worried she'd have maybe 1-2 friends there. We ended up with over 20 kids showing in the end.
Shadowgirl113
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Dd only had 1 from her class, but I always invite siblings. We ended up with 5 kids total including family, but that was just fine to me. I had enough wristbands that nobody had to pay for admission even adults. Had a great time playing laser tag and going thru the location's attractions. Even if other kids don't show, just make sure adults know they have been challenged to the game, and I'm sure your lo will have lots of fun. :)

I always have issues getting kids to attend dr's parties because her birthday is so close to Halloween and thanksgiving.
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Can't your son ask his friends if they are coming? You don't know any of his friend's parent's numbers?

MomInANutHouse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:32 PM
That's sad. I always get rsvp's late....like the night before or day of the party, even if I have a date I want to know by.
Do you have family or neighbor kids you can invite over in case No one shows?
Khooks
by Jessica on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM
Wouldn't he know if kids got the invites or if they're thinking about coming? I hadn't gotten any rsvps for my sons last party but he was saying which kids said they were coming which kids said they weren't. Then about two days before I got rsvps and one kid who didn't rsvp showed up.
RaeMarie
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:16 AM

I always have trouble getting dd friends to her birthday because she is a July birthday. I don't generally have a ton of contact information for her class. She usually has a bigger family party than the other 2 though. 

Quoting Shadowgirl113: Dd only had 1 from her class, but I always invite siblings. We ended up with 5 kids total including family, but that was just fine to me. I had enough wristbands that nobody had to pay for admission even adults. Had a great time playing laser tag and going thru the location's attractions. Even if other kids don't show, just make sure adults know they have been challenged to the game, and I'm sure your lo will have lots of fun. :) I always have issues getting kids to attend dr's parties because her birthday is so close to Halloween and thanksgiving.

RaeMarie
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

So far he is hearing that his classmates know nothing about it. I printed out some quick generic invites today for him to take to school. Who knows if hte teacher did what she said she would. 

Quoting Khooks: Wouldn't he know if kids got the invites or if they're thinking about coming? I hadn't gotten any rsvps for my sons last party but he was saying which kids said they were coming which kids said they weren't. Then about two days before I got rsvps and one kid who didn't rsvp showed up.

RaeMarie
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

We have about 10 kids in the neighborhood we could invite but he doesn't play with most of them. The ones he does play with are getting formal invites today. 

Quoting MomInANutHouse: That's sad. I always get rsvp's late....like the night before or day of the party, even if I have a date I want to know by. Do you have family or neighbor kids you can invite over in case No one shows?

Northern.Maple
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 9:20 AM

Why is the Teacher handing out Bday invites for you and your child? That seems really odd and weird to me, my kids always hand their own out to their friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)