Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4+ kid families

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone have 4+ kids? What is it like when they are all in school? Im pregnant with baby 4 ( only a few weeks ) and I want honest answers of what to expect here. Im not scared of the baby years, but of what happened 5 years from now. 

I work full time and my husband stays home, but he will be finding a job this year. So both of us will need to be working from here on out to afford being a family of 6. 

What did I just get myself into here? 

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemyboys84
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM
I have four boys ages 14,11,9 1/2, and 7. Its nice being able to do things while they are in School, but after school seems chaotic. Four kids needing various helping of homework..at the same time lol. Then rush to get dinner on and cooked, then showers before bed. Then u have the back to school shopping. Not to mention them needing money for this or that every week.
TinkTink205
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Just accept noise and chaos.  When your hands get full tell yourself that your heart is also.  Serenity prayer.  Repeat.  Serenity prayer.  Repeat.  You'll be fine.  A day at a time.

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:50 PM
I have 5, they're 23, 20, 17, 15 and 9.

What you can expect has so many different contributing factors. All of mine being in school (not counting university, obviously that's different) was a brief period for me due to the age gap, but you just do what you need to do.
ThePoopFace
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM

Are you a stay at home mom? 

Quoting ilovemyboys84: I have four boys ages 14,11,9 1/2, and 7. Its nice being able to do things while they are in School, but after school seems chaotic. Four kids needing various helping of homework..at the same time lol. Then rush to get dinner on and cooked, then showers before bed. Then u have the back to school shopping. Not to mention them needing money for this or that every week.

ilovemyboys84
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
At the moment I am. Once I get my license (next month) I want to go back to school to get my cna again. Then I'll be looking for over night work

Quoting ThePoopFace:

Are you a stay at home mom? 

Quoting ilovemyboys84: I have four boys ages 14,11,9 1/2, and 7. Its nice being able to do things while they are in School, but after school seems chaotic. Four kids needing various helping of homework..at the same time lol. Then rush to get dinner on and cooked, then showers before bed. Then u have the back to school shopping. Not to mention them needing money for this or that every week.

Momof5Boys610
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:00 PM
I have 5. My boys are 13, 10, and 8 yr old triplets. It can get chaotic doing the homework thing every night, but you make it through and pray for bedtime. Lol! It will be ok. Good luck!
ThePoopFace
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! Yep, this seems to be what im hearing from everyone, and what im nervous about. Its the bedtime and homework part lol. 

Quoting Momof5Boys610: I have 5. My boys are 13, 10, and 8 yr old triplets. It can get chaotic doing the homework thing every night, but you make it through and pray for bedtime. Lol! It will be ok. Good luck!

ThePoopFace
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Mine are 8, 6, 15 months, and im about a month pregnant. Im sure we will survive, but its a bit terrifying. But many women have survived! I know I will as well, but ugh lol 

Quoting cybcm: I have 5, they're 23, 20, 17, 15 and 9. What you can expect has so many different contributing factors. All of mine being in school (not counting university, obviously that's different) was a brief period for me due to the age gap, but you just do what you need to do.

RaeMarie
by on Jul. 17, 2017 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a dependant 73 yr old, a pg 16 yr old, a 9 yr old type 1 diabetic and an 8 yr old. In Nov we will add the baby to the mix and I always seem to have extra little ones around. 

I just handle one thing at a time, keep lists and delegate delegate delegate. To some it doesn't look like I do much because I delegate so much but I am not stop busy just managing this 3 (soon to be 4) generation family. My dad generally helps with homework. My dd16 helps me keep my kids routine moving and she is second in command with the diabetes. All kids do chores. DH gets littles ready for school in the morning and I help dd16 with her virtual schooling. I (or sometimes dd16) do the bedtime routine. My dad is an equal parent with equal authority so he helps with parenting. I do a lot of crockpot meals to ease up dinner hour. Alot of times I will do the dinner prep early on and just stick it in the fridge so later I just have to pop it in the oven. I do laundry every day. I also have a binder that I call my life binder. It has business cards I need, a monthly calendar and a weekly to do list, a medical page for each person that has names and numbers of drs as well as meds and health issues. I have a cheat sheet for each diabetic in that section too. I have a tab for each kid where I put the master copies of their school/sports etc calendars. I have a section for punishment chores like wiping baseboards. You know the stuff that needs done but not every week. In this chaos I also still have extra kiddos whether it is the 2 yr old next door or a 15 yr old from out of state. It is a crazy life, a full life and a fullfilling life. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

hip2it
by Member on Jul. 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM
I have five kids but they're 13, 11, 8, 3, and 1.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)