Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Summer over yet?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am so over the attitudes in this house! DD8 nearly got her butt whipped by gpa yesterday and if ds9 attitude and temper tantrum over having to do a couple chores wakes up either dad or gpa he surely will! Why can't they just say "yes mom" and do what I ask? I ask their regular chores (pick up after yourself, take your turn emptying the dishwaser, and setting/clearing the table) plus one extra a day. Today dd8 needs to wipe down all the sinks and ds needs to clean the toilets. There are 3 of each. DS gets toilets because he refuses to lift the seat when he pees. This is not that hard nor does it take more than a few minutes each. During the school year the house just stays cleaner so once a week on these things is enough. Ugh!

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:29 PM

It can be frustrating. My kids don't always want to do their chores, but if they do not do them they lose tv and video games which motivates them most of the time. 

flowrsgalore
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Oh I'm so ready for school or a day of day camp.  She has not done one day of camp & we are so each orhters nerves.  Our day sounds about the same. I'm po'ed that I am like a slave around this house picking up after her. Sometimes she'll actually help willingly & then other times she's completely oblivious to the fact that she'd just dropped her junk where ever.  It's only one kid too, so my bitching seems a bit out over the top.  I'm so over slime. All of her supplies have gone missing today. Absolutely no more glue or borax purchases. I'm done done done with slime!

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM

Mine just can't go play until they are done. Doesn't mean they don't kick and fuss the whole way through though. Ugh. 

Quoting othermom:

It can be frustrating. My kids don't always want to do their chores, but if they do not do them they lose tv and video games which motivates them most of the time. 

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:57 PM

My house would be so much cleaner if it were just the girls. DS9 is the king of literally throwing his garbage on the floor and never putting anything away. And the diabetes test strips! OMG! They must multiply while we are sleeping! 

DD8 likes things clean and doesn't like her things coming up missing because mommy cleaned and tossed her stuff in the earn back  box. DD16 just picks up after her self except in her bedroom. 

I have too much on my plate to be a slave to them. To some it may not seem like I do much at all but managing a bookstore with 65 employees was easier and less stressful than managing my house of 4 generation, 6 (soon to be 7) people. Computer work, phone calls, being a taxi, cooking, laundry, homework, overseeing virtual schooling, managing some major medical issues and soon to be takign care of my first grandchild is more than even I can handle some days. 

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Oh I'm so ready for school or a day of day camp.  She has not done one day of camp & we are so each orhters nerves.  Our day sounds about the same. I'm po'ed that I am like a slave around this house picking up after her. Sometimes she'll actually help willingly & then other times she's completely oblivious to the fact that she'd just dropped her junk where ever.  It's only one kid too, so my bitching seems a bit out over the top.  I'm so over slime. All of her supplies have gone missing today. Absolutely no more glue or borax purchases. I'm done done done with slime!

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:59 PM

We're 3 days short of a month until school is back in and I can hardly wait! Our kids were gone for the first part of July and since getting home have had to be "reprogrammed" and are less than agreeable some days. Dd turned 11 yesterday and had a sleepover so now of course both kids are tired and grumpy.

momma_sam
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 2:10 PM

my kids dont go back until spetember 5th.  some days it just cant come soon enough.

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 2:12 PM

oh boy! DS is raising his voice to gpa and his dad is in the room too. This is not going to end well and the tears have already started. Come on Sept 5!

Curlymom234
by Meg on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Hang in there. DS got a little stir crazy with us towards the end. School started back last week for us. How much longer do you have?

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 11:55 AM

Sept 5. Ugh. Doesn't help at all that I am not sure how stable his blood sugars have been since his dexcom receiver died in May. I know his bad tooth jacked him up pretty good. At least that is fixed now. We finally see an endo for the first time in about 18 mo and can get things moving again with a dex replacement. 

Quoting Curlymom234:

Hang in there. DS got a little stir crazy with us towards the end. School started back last week for us. How much longer do you have?

Curlymom234
by Meg on Aug. 9, 2017 at 6:41 PM
WOW! I don't even remember when we started in September.

Quoting RaeMarie:

Sept 5. Ugh. Doesn't help at all that I am not sure how stable his blood sugars have been since his dexcom receiver died in May. I know his bad tooth jacked him up pretty good. At least that is fixed now. We finally see an endo for the first time in about 18 mo and can get things moving again with a dex replacement. 

Quoting Curlymom234:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)