Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:36 PM
  • 2 Replies

Mobile Photo

My son is starting 4th grade on Monday. He had a ROUGH second half of 3rd grade so I'm worried how this year will go. I've been fighting for services, including OT. This is his handwriting (mid 3rd grade sample but it hasn't changed at all). He has a 504 which includes access to adapted paper but in no way is his handwriting better. This is about as good as it gets. When he rushes it's even worse. Am I expecting too much? If not, how is he passing the OT tests?
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The actual letter formation looks pretty good to me. It looks to me like what he needs to work on is staying on the line, and remembering to keep space between words.

Keep in mind that some people just have naturally sloppier handwriting. My oldest is 18 and his handwriting is still pretty sloppy. Legible, but sloppy.

Jnc91
by Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Quoting wakymom:

The actual letter formation looks pretty good to me. It looks to me like what he needs to work on is staying on the line, and remembering to keep space between words.

Keep in mind that some people just have naturally sloppier handwriting. My oldest is 18 and his handwriting is still pretty sloppy. Legible, but sloppy.

They drilled letter formation in kinder so guess I should be thankful. I just haven't seen much improvement over the years, while his classmates' handwriting have gotten exponentially better. But maybe I'm expecting too much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)