Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attendance

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:39 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your child still have perfect attendance this school year?

by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayliza
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM

one does, the other got pink eye and had to be out for two days.

Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM
No, he was out with a sinus infection plus fever before labor day
emarin77
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM

His attendence has been perfect now but as the year goes on he will have a day or two off from school because of illness.  This is the usual for every year.

2babymomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Yes
ahawkins
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:34 AM
Yes, we are shooting for perfect attendance this year!
Happiness_now
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM

my only elementary child still does!

Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:35 PM
So far yes. That will be until his Drs. Appt on the 29th and on the 12th. The first doctor is an hour away and schedules her adhd checkups always at 11:15. So there’s no point going to school in the morning because if you don’t stay until 11 it’s marked as an absence and by the time we get out we have to eat lunch and drive back to school it would be an hour and a half left. His second doctor is an hour and a half away and I can schedule any time but the longer drive and longer appointment time still ends up being best to take up the day. He sees both doctors every three months.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:49 PM
Yes...though I almost let them skip last Thursday and Friday, but they ended up cancelling those days...thank goodness. (Irma)

I'm always careful with attendance (not aiming for perfect attendance) becuase ya never know how the illnesses will go.

They will miss a day or 2 around Xmas break...taking a vacation this year!
ThePoopFace
by Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:30 PM

Mine do!! Its been very difficult. We just moved into a new house and its been a nightmare! They are in the same school as before, but the bus situation had been hard to solve. Thankfully my mom's picking them up and driving them home to the babysitter. If not, they would be staying home until this Friday when the buss will start 

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Nope, we went on a white water rafting trip for her birthday so she missed a day. I don't think we have ever missed because of illness but we miss for vacations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)