Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pictures

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:31 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you buy your child's school or team pictures? School pictures usually look pretty good.

Team pictures were terrible for sports and dance. They happened to be done by a different company then individual school pictures, they were awful. So out of focus you couldn't identify your own kid. I asked other parents they were fine with it because it was so cheap. One parent took her own pictures on her phone emailed to us and it looked better. 

Its picture time again and I'm not sure if I want to do this it's the same company again cheapest picture is $10. DH says pay the $10 and let it go. 

What would you do?

by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awelling
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM
I always get pictures. I wouldn't definitely wouldn't worry if it was only $10.
Element5
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:37 AM
I get both. My sons team won few tournaments and there were awesome picture with all the boys on the ice with gear on ( no helmets) with trophies.. loved it.. I also find that it lasts longer than a short! Lol

Individual pictures I take in the ice myself as trophy is passed around. We also have a photographer on the team and he offered to take pictures and it was done on leather from Spain.. and it's beyond stunning!

And school pictures I get every year so in time I can compare how kids have changed. I just wish they take the stupid 100 little wallet size away and just make that an option! And I getvthe class pic that is usually $10 to $12
ljmom24
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:44 AM
I hate the company they use for school pictures. Cheap and poor quality especially for what they charge. I don't always buy the school ones. My oldest is in high school now and we just got the info and it's a different studio (same that does the sports) so I'm curious if the switched district wide. With my oldest i got a link to order on line and I can customize the package. The other issue with pictures is we don't have traditional family so the standard package never meets our need so we are either ordering al cart and paying more or buying packages with way more pictures then we need to avoid grandparents getting made when one gets a larger picture then the other.

We also get the sports we also get them done. Usually just order the individual, team and cards. In hockey the base package is included in our yearly fees so we only pay for extras.
canadianmom1974
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

For their sports, the fees usually include a team photo. As far as school pictures, it depends. If they have a good picture I sometimes order, but they're ridiculously expensive. 

RaeMarie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:22 AM

I always get pictures but I always buy the package with 2 5X7s as the largest size. I have no need for 8X10 or 11X13

anotherandree
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 3:21 PM

School pictures? NEVER.  They are crazy expensive and you have to pick the package and pay upfront.  The picture day is usually very hurried AND they have no problem taking the pictures after outside recess on a hot day!  We learned our lesson quick so we do yearly pictures at someplace like Target or JC Penny.

Team/Sports pictures are a different story.  They send home an 8x10, 2 5x7s, and 4 3x5s.  Take one, take all, take none.  They are $10 each.  The pictures are usually done by sport so there is no hurry and its usally done after school so the kids can freshen up.  And they'll take the picture again if they don't think it turned out well.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 4:13 PM

I aways buy school pictures for myself and to give to family in Christmas cards.  I only buy a "memory mate" for sports--team photo and individual photo on the same sheet that has team name and some designs. Only once have I ever bought more than that and it wasn't worth it because I never did give away all of the wallets (and really don't want to inundate family with a ton of pictures.)

Khooks
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Never. School pictures are overpriced and ugly plus my kid never smiles for the people. The backgrounds are so 90s too. We do family pictures.
OctoberReign
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM
We usually just get an 8x10 of the school pictures and yes we go a little crazy with sports pictures lol. I need the individual pictures, team photo, buttons, magnets, etc.
MommyHuman
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:27 PM
I don’t buy pictures from the school. The pictures are so bad I have to get them redone. I’ve had problems with this company charging my credit card more than once. I just do them myself or go to mall because even the mall offers better pics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)