Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age would you suggest getting an AGD, if your child is into that sort of thing?
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Replies (41-45):
cherylw993
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 6:51 AM

my parents bought my daughter one for her 1st birthday. I thought is was ridiculous, but it made them happy. She has always played with it off and on and still does.  It holds up very well compared to other dolls. 

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 7:53 AM
DD got a Bitty Baby for her 2nd birthday and another one when she was either 8 or 9.
Khooks
by Jessica on Dec. 22, 2017 at 8:34 AM
I used to think that but I’ve spent more than that on a lego set and other higher quality toys for my son so it’s not really any different.

Quoting OctoberReign: Whenever they’re old enough to take care of it and not destroy it. Personally, I currently refuse to buy one because they’re so overpriced. I just can’t justify spending over $100 on a doll. Just seems crazy and irresponsible.
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD actually liked the Target doll clothes better than the AG stuff.  We also signed up to answer surveys from AG and we earned points that we could turn in for AG gift cards.  I scored a lot of stuff on black friday one year. 

Quoting Khooks: That’s awesome! I’m not too worried about the dolls but the 10 million accessories they offer lol.
Quoting deccaf: Santa brought one at age 4. Then she got to go to a pop up store the next year with a friend who bought #2. Last spring, we went to the store in Los Angeles and got #3. Then grandma bought her one. The kid has 4 of them. But she takes really good care of her stuff, so I’m ok with that.

anewlynn09
by Member on Dec. 22, 2017 at 8:41 AM

I wouldn't.  They are too expensive for me.  We just got my daughter one from either Target or Walmart.  They are still nice but you can buy accessories at a lower price. My daughter got one when she was 6

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)