Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2017 at 9:49 AM
  • 30 Replies
I am not the only one whose 6 year old screams bloody murder when hair gets washed or brushed
by on Dec. 19, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 10:47 AM

At that age I would have them do it themselves.  It won't be perfect, but nothing in life is.

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 12:33 PM

neither of my kids ever did.

newwifenmom
by Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM
My 6 year old doesn't do this but he doesn't like it either
girlmommy0530
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM

she acts like im killing her when washing or brushing her hair

Khooks
by Jessica on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep my sons hair short because he doesn’t wash properly. I realize you can’t do that with as easily. He also acts like he’s going to instantly drown if he gets water in his face. He’s gotten better though. I’d get her to try and do it and see if that helps. One thing that helps is brushing it before getting in the shower and it’s pretty much no tangles when brushing after shampoo and conditioner. Also maybe using detangler spray?
1210maggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM

DD hated me washing and brushing her hair at that age. Her hair was long mid back. So we cut it to her shoulders and she cried about short hair. But no more screaming about washing and brushing her hair.

Every kid goes through stages hang in there this too shall pass. 

girlmommy0530
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM
We do all of that and she doesn’t wash it she doesn’t even get her hair wet before she try’s to add shampoo

Quoting Khooks: I keep my sons hair short because he doesn’t wash properly. I realize you can’t do that with as easily. He also acts like he’s going to instantly drown if he gets water in his face. He’s gotten better though. I’d get her to try and do it and see if that helps. One thing that helps is brushing it before getting in the shower and it’s pretty much no tangles when brushing after shampoo and conditioner. Also maybe using detangler spray?
girlmommy0530
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM
Her hair was past her butt we cut it to mid back but she still screams bloody murder

Quoting 1210maggie:

DD hated me washing and brushing her hair at that age. Her hair was long mid back. So we cut it to her shoulders and she cried about short hair. But no more screaming about washing and brushing her hair.

Every kid goes through stages hang in there this too shall pass. 

Tracys2
by on Dec. 20, 2017 at 2:50 PM

No, definitely not. My almost-11 year old is just now almost out of that stage. She mostly brushes well enough and often enough and conditions enough to not get knots (she has "my" hair which is very knotty- wearing a coat for a day will get a big knot or 2 in your hair, and sometimes just sleeping will :-( ).

I know I fought and cried into middle school even (not daily, but with bad knots). My 9 year old complains too, but she only gets bad knots a few times a year. Her hair is so much smoother!

Washing isn't really our issue, since they've showered alone for years, but brushing continues to be, and they are great at making their hair LOOK shiny without fully brushing- and a day or 2 later, we have pain!

AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM
My 5 year old used to. Her hair is very thick, long and curly so it gets tangled easy. She is pretty good most of the time now and will brush it on her own, although I go back and brush it again to make sure all of the tangles are out. We usually try to braid it overnight so that it doesn't get so tangled while she is sleeping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)